My mother-in-law sent this to me from across the ditch and it is all good !! Would be great to share with the wonderful people of Lifestyleblock.co.nz - Maree
- 300g peeled and chopped orange sweet potato
- 1 cup prepared custard
- 250g sultanas
- 3 Cups of self-raising Flour
- 250g butter, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups caster sugar
- 2 Tablsp Honey
- 4 eggs
- Icing Sugar mixture to decorate
- Grease a 25cm round cake pan, line base, and sides with paper.
- Place sweet potato in pan with a little water, boil until tender, drain & cool.
- Mash sweet potato with custard.
- Coat sultanas with 1 Tablsp of the flour, and set aside.
- Beat butter, sugar, honey in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light & fluffy
- Beat in eggs, one at a time until combined.
- Lower mixing speed, add sweet potato mixture, then gradually beat in flour until combined.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in sultanas.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan
- Cook in slow over, 150d.Celsius for about 1 hour 40 minutes.
- Serve cake warm or cold, dusted with icing sugar.
(P.S. This makes a very large cake)