Water tank fitting ID ?

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #559419 by Ramsay
Hi
Can anyone tell me what this fitting on my water tank is meant to do?

Thanks
Richard
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #559420 by tonybaker
Replied by tonybaker on topic Water tank fitting ID ?
I believe it's to flush the filter, remove the plug and turn on the valve see if dirty water comes out? Seems a very small filter body?

5 acres, Ferguson 35X and implements, Hanmay pto shredder, BMW Z3, Countax ride on mower, chooks, Dorper and Wiltshire sheep. Bosky wood burning central heating stove and radiators. Retro caravan. Growing our own food and preserving it. Small vineyard, crap wine. :)

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #559421 by lsbloke
Replied by lsbloke on topic Water tank fitting ID ?
Hi Ramsay

wow thats like the whole hansen catalogue in the one photo

does water leave the tank via the lower pipe with the blue tap in the grass??

is the white vertical pipe the intake into the tank?? or an over flow??

as TB says it looks like a filter fitting  but its a bit belt and braces with caps and taps i the fitting??

I'm intrigued though!!

LSBloke

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #559422 by Ramsay
Replied by Ramsay on topic Water tank fitting ID ?
Hi
Yes it is a right old mish mash.
Water in thru top valve and up white pipe.
Water out to house pump thru bottom pipe in grass at very bottom of tank.
Second pipe and valve under fitting in question I think went to old original concrete tank that was removed.
Still need to trace all the pipework as I have so many pipes that seem to go nowhere.
Thanks
Richard.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #559423 by tonybaker
Replied by tonybaker on topic Water tank fitting ID ?
Water in thru top valve and up white pipe. To ball valve in tank?
Water out to house pump thru bottom pipe in grass at very bottom of tank. Correct
Second pipe and valve under fitting in question I think went to old original concrete tank that was removed. I think this is a drain for the tank as it is too low for anything else, it probably goes to waste somewhere? You can undo the "filter" and see whats going on inside it, most likely it is fairly clogged up or someone has removed the strainer which is common.

5 acres, Ferguson 35X and implements, Hanmay pto shredder, BMW Z3, Countax ride on mower, chooks, Dorper and Wiltshire sheep. Bosky wood burning central heating stove and radiators. Retro caravan. Growing our own food and preserving it. Small vineyard, crap wine. :)

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds