Lifestyle block insurance

More
6 months 1 week ago - 6 months 1 week ago #559291 by Stikkibeek
What is the consensus on lifestyle block insurance. Our present company is pulling the plug on an inherited past insurance that has been really good. Prevoiusly covered farm buildings, equipment, Tools, etc and also houses, cars, fire, theft, and 3rd party.
Any Opinion welcome

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S
Last edit: 6 months 1 week ago by Stikkibeek. Reason: typo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 1 week ago #559293 by tonybaker
Replied by tonybaker on topic Lifestyle block insurance
Well, an insurance company is only as good as their willingness to pay out! I would suggest you go to a broker and have a chat. FMG seem to be the goto insurer for rural insurance but costs are extortionate. I think insurance will move to only covering agreed situations, not the catch all cover as in in the past. I am with AA which I think is part of AIG and have claimed on things like water pump, glazing and lost glasses, no hassles settling claims. Also have cars insured with them so get a bit of a discount.

5 acres, Ferguson 35X and implements, Hanmay pto shredder, BMW Z3, Countax ride on mower, chooks, Dorper and Wiltshire sheep. Bosky wood burning central heating stove and radiators. Retro caravan. Growing our own food and preserving it. Small vineyard, crap wine. :)

More
6 months 1 week ago #559294 by Jaybee
Replied by Jaybee on topic Lifestyle block insurance
We have everything with FMG. They've always handled claims promptly and fairly. I just got a quote for a car I have that's due for reinsurance, FMG was hundreds of dollars cheaper than AMI.

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds