Large boulders

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #557667 by LAWNMASTER3000
Howdy,

Completely new to this forum as a user, and wanting to get work started on landscaping our lifestyle block.

I'm currently looking for a large rock/boulder, when I say large we're talking the size of a large vehicle, like an mpv.

Struggling to see if it's possible to get one this size, so wondered if anyone else had came across any, maybe you have one on your property you're willing to sell? 

Was going to contact some local quarries tomorrow, but thinking their rocks won't be what I'm looking for, too jagged and not boulder round which is more the look I was after.

We're based on the rural plains in the Whakatane District.

Any help/advice would be really appreciated 

Cheers 
Elliot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #557669 by Prairie
Replied by Prairie on topic Large boulders
Hi Elliot,

I can't help with where you can source that size boulder from, but the weight might be an issue - depending on rock type, one the size of an average car supposedly weighs around 40 tonne. That is some serious weight to transport and lift. 

www.trademe.co.nz/a/marketplace/home-liv...ALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds   Although not really that close to you, this listing on TradeMe had smoothish boulders up to 1500mm.

Or alternatively, have you considered artificial boulders?  www.artificialrocks.co.nz/  
The following user(s) said Thank You: max2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds