Another crosses the Rainbow bridge.

More
2 years 3 months ago #556548 by Stikkibeek
Wednesday we lost "Shouty" A sable goat with lots of personality, some annoying traits like "in-your-face"; One who would yell out at us from way across a paddock, but for once she had nothing to say. If she had, we might have been able to save her as I always have my ears tuned to animals in distress, She slipped away with nothing to say or distressed, and not an old goat, I n fact I milked her out just the morning before. We chose a Bull-bank to start her grave as they are usually easier to dig out, but turned out that below the soil layers was a sticky, heavy patch of grey potters clay that took some getting out. If Shouty is smart, she will avoid joining Goaty, as Goaty was boss goat and made Shouty's life a challenge. Never thought it would be a favourite annoying goat. There is an older one who is clearly going down-hill that we thought would be next, but she's still hanging in.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 months ago #556549 by kate
Sorry Stikki, it never gets easier :( :(

Web Goddess

More
2 years 3 months ago #556550 by Sue
Sad to hear, but lovely she wasn't in distress at the end. One always hopes that our loved animals will slip away easily without us having to help them.

Sue
Labrador lover for yonks, breeder of pedigree Murray Grey cattle for almost as long, and passionate poultry person for more years than I care to count.

More
2 years 3 months ago #556557 by Ruth
Sympathies, it's always tough!

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds