Re-loading the bait station in the barn paid off, 1 massive male rat dead.
I cannot believe where I'm finding the mice are getting into in the house. Set the trap just before bedtime last night, then clack clack clack on the timber floor. Little Mouse had put their best foot forward enough to set the trap off and little mouse tried to escape, whilst captured.
We had a raid by a pantry-mouse last night and it got into a packet of favourite biscuits, so, the snap traps are coming indoors too. Can't stand the smell of dead mice that have been poisoned so that's a no go for them and anyway, I would hate it if my rescue cat caught one of the poisoned ones, so better to catch and then the chooks get them.
Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S
I will be spending some portion of the long weekend emptying out our lower pantry shelves. Hubby took out the remains of a loaf this morning and found a huge chunk taken out of 3 slices... yet nothing went into the snap trap that has a very nice piece of Barry's Bay cheese waiting.
I highly recommend vacuuming out speaker system unit holes…. We have turned most of our furniture upside down looking for the source of a smell this weekend, found the problem, a dead mouse and its nest all contained in a small amplifier.