Supplying farm reared meat to public

More
3 years 2 months ago #554103 by Eirefarmer
Hi there

Does anyone know what regulation ect that i would need to meet if i wanted to sell my own meat to the public? Finding it hard to find information on this. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #554104 by kate
Hi

Your name suggests you are in Ireland in which case we probably can't help much as this is a New Zealand site and the rules will be different.

Web Goddess

More
3 years 2 months ago #554106 by Eirefarmer
I am originally from ireland but have been in new zealand from many many years.

More
3 years 2 months ago #554112 by tonybaker

5 acres, Ferguson 35X and implements, Hanmay pto shredder, BMW Z3, Countax ride on mower, chooks, Dorper and Wiltshire sheep. Bosky wood burning central heating stove and radiators. Retro caravan. Growing our own food and preserving it. Small vineyard, crap wine. :)

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #554122 by Cigar
In a nutshell, to be able to sell the meat your animals have to be killed and inspected at a licensed abbatoir.
And my understanding is you cannot further process the meat yourself (unless you are licensed), e,g, you can't make sausages from the inspected meat to sell.
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Cigar.

More
3 years 1 month ago #554132 by jeannielea
There are a number of farms around the country that do this so why don't you contact some of them as they will know exactly what is required and allowed. Eketahuna Country Meats is one near us and they sell milk as well

More
3 years 1 month ago #554135 by max2

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds