Anyone experience with a Hanmay EFGC105 flail mower?

More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #553058 by BenH86
Hi There,

I am thinking of buying a rear mounted Hanmey EFGC105 flail mower for my New Holland Boomer 25 and I was wondering if some of you can share some of your experiences with this mower (or different brand mowers)

I am open for suggestions for alternatives but the mower needs to be not bigger then 1100mm wide as some of the access gates to our paddocks are kinda narrow.
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by BenH86.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #553060 by To Do List
Hello BenH86,
I haven't used or seen the Hanmey Flail Mower being used but I have got a Hanmey 3pt chipper and it's awesome. It's built really well and has worked faultlessly. I've given it a good amount of work and it hasn't even worn thru any of the powder coating. One part I felt didn't fit as nicely as I'd like (engineers eyes) so I set about bending it a bit .... yeah nah ! .. it's made of some super strong steel.
I guess this is the model mower you're referring to - www.implementsdirect.co.nz/collections/a...mower-105m-efgcmz105
Ben at Implements Direct is fantastic to deal with and I'd have no reservations about buying anything else from him.

Be worth contacting Implements Direct to check the overall width of the mower first ... that 105cm is possibly the cut width meaning the mower complete is wider and hence may still not fit thru your gate ?

Just a suggestion all the same - That's some super narrow gates you have ? Might be well worth considering putting in bigger gates which will open up the option of finding more common size equipment. That'd put you in the market of a lot more readily available and readily re-sellable equipment (new and s/hand) that could offer savings to more than offset the cost of the bigger gate ?

More
3 years 7 months ago #553063 by BenH86
Thanks, I’ve been thinking of widening some of the gates but it’s a bit hard. Acces to 1 of our paddocks is on a hill and the path to the paddock is very narrow.
Might be worth not mowing that one as I can go to a bigger size for the other paddocks.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I definitely going to give implement direct a call

More
3 years 7 months ago #553066 by tonybaker
I too have a Hanmay Shredder and although it's Chinese, it's well made. Why not go for a normal slasher mower, they are half the price. If you keep the blades sharp and don't try to cut long grass all at once, it should be ok.

5 acres, Ferguson 35X and implements, Hanmay pto shredder, BMW Z3, Countax ride on mower, chooks, Dorper and Wiltshire sheep. Bosky wood burning central heating stove and radiators. Retro caravan. Growing our own food and preserving it. Small vineyard, crap wine. :)

More
3 years 7 months ago #553074 by To Do List
Not knowing anything about the lay of the land but complete conjecture by reading between the lines ...
and not any sort of H and S nut either. But suggesting if it's so steep that the path and the gate can't be
made wider, that another safer access option to that paddock would be well worth exploring to get
wider equipment thru if at all possible ?
And if it is that steep, are you confident it's safe enough to operate such a narrow track high C of G
tractor on it at all ? What about grabbing someone with a lot of machinery experience to have a
look for a second opinion ?

Just because a tractor can go straight up a steep paddock is no measure of it's
ability to turn on that slope while trailing an implement. You might be shocked at how low an angle
can roll a tractor over in that situation ? :side: :pinch:
A tractor on any slope becomes a different animal altogether once you hang an implement off the back !

Toys are fun when you're on top ... but not when they're on top !

More
3 years 5 months ago #553381 by DanTheMan
Hi There, I have just purchased the Hamney 1.75m Flail Mower from Implements Direct (along with a lot more toys from them). Have only had a play with it so far. Will be mowing the hay paddock in a few weeks but the thing looks to be built very very solid and well made. I think just because something is "made in China" does not mean it is of poor quality.

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds