Covid-19

More
4 years 1 month ago #550497 by Ruth
Replied by Ruth on topic Covid-19
I know someone who's on a huge income and is now part of the emergency team working in Wellington. That person has to travel back and forth from home each week and has a spouse who is immuno-compromised. There's a lot of selflessness going on at the top levels as well as at the coal face. At the top it's paid better but it's still going to hurt as much if someone dies.

I fear for anyone who has some emergency health issue right when the peak of infections is using all the hospital beds. Some of those people may also die.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #550498 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Covid-19

ZummersetGirl wrote: What I am wondering is why so many people have been tested yet we have had relatively few positive results especially as the criteria is quite strict for being swabbed. Are people “fibbing” about symptoms to get tested to check whether their sniffle is Covid?

There are testing vans up here in Northland, as far as I know anyone can get tested there. I may be wrong but that's what I assumed from the newspaper article I read.

Web Goddess

More
4 years 1 month ago #550499 by Ruth
I thought that too, Kate, but understand that it's only by referral from a doctor who suspects the infection. Otherwise there'd be queues for miles.

More
4 years 1 month ago #550500 by kate
Sorry, I stand corrected....:oops:

Good job I didn't want a test then...

Web Goddess

More
4 years 1 month ago #550501 by kate
...and if killing people and destroying the economy wasn't enough....there's this

Web Goddess

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #550502 by Ruth
Hopefully they'll roll out the antibody test in time so there's a better idea of where infection was without people being aware.

Who knew that every condom used had already been held in that intimate manner by an unknown stranger?

Some clever person suggested that come 2034 a new generation will emerge, to be known as the Quaranteens.
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Ruth.

More
4 years 1 month ago #550503 by Kilmoon
Replied by Kilmoon on topic Covid-19
Compassion doesn't pay the bills or keep your kids fed or clothed.

When you have nothing left to lose, then you take what you need or want. I remember the 1987 share market crash and the societal cost of that. I'm very glad I live at the other end of the country to the North I grew up in.

She can go on all she likes as to "they are us" and other trendy words. But when the shit hits the fan people become arse holes. ....and this economic disaster has not come on slowly for people to get used to, but occurred like the flick of a switch. Unfortunately economies do not get going again the same way. We are in for years of pain and misery. I for one would have preferred the 50-80,000 lottery.

More
4 years 1 month ago #550504 by linrae
Replied by linrae on topic Covid-19
Come on people stop the bickering across posts.
Think what is happening is perhaps for the best for all of us.
Everyone will have some sort of knock back,tighten your belt loosen the mind LOOK FORWARD NOT SIDEWAYS

Health to you all and your families
Post positive stuff What did u do today ,How many Teddy Bears did u see

Round us there are 19 BEAT THat be truthful
The following user(s) said Thank You: spoook, VioletFarmer

More
4 years 1 month ago #550505 by kate
Thank you linrae...

I saw no teddy bears as I haven't left the property since Monday :P

Web Goddess

More
4 years 1 month ago #550506 by linrae
Further to what i said previously

At the moment im looking SIDEWAYS at the pile of dishes on the bench.The dishwasher just buggered up
So im looking FORWARD to getting a new one in a month

Hope my Paywave still works

More
4 years 1 month ago #550507 by ZummersetGirl
Replied by ZummersetGirl on topic Covid-19
I tidied the airing cupboard and found a little yellow bear that one of my sons had as a baby - does that count?

More
4 years 1 month ago #550508 by Ruth
I just went out and tried to find some pigs to shoot.

More
4 years 1 month ago #550509 by linrae
Damm dishwasher stuffed no where to scald that pig I was hoping you would get

More
4 years 1 month ago #550510 by linrae
They are trying round here to really push it so kids have something to look for whilst out walking biking .
I found 3 today that they had missed

More
4 years 1 month ago #550512 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic Covid-19
I for one has never had the flu jab due to having an allergy to the albumin in which it sits, but I did decide to get it and risk the complications purely to build resistance to current kinds of flu to give myself a fighting chance of skipping that as a further complication. I am high risk as is OH due to underlying health issues so having the isolation helps me to be a lot less anxious. As it was, I was shocked by the shear volume of bookings and the practice i attend had two nurses working with back to back bookings and I was lucky to get an early morning booking six days after I rang.
I too think that we could have closed our borders earlier and could also have enforced quarantine for returning NZders instead of relying on their good will to remain self isolated. For me the unsettled, became the reality of stupidity when the man that returned from Australia was waiting on results, decided to fly home anyway, got to NZ, didn't go into self isolation despite being notified on the plane home, that he was infected, and then had the stupidity to go to Mass in a Church in Papakura! Why was border control so badly lacking there. How many potential contaminations would have been present at mass?
it's a difficult time and the ramifications are going to be felt for a very long time.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds