Covid-19

More
4 years 1 month ago #550668 by ZummersetGirl
Replied by ZummersetGirl on topic Covid-19
Our mowing man isn’t coming so I’m back to mowing the grass with a petrol walk behind mower - sigh.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #550669 by Ramsay
Replied by Ramsay on topic Covid-19
Hi
So Ruth that means your black lawnmowers are an Essential Service :woohoo:
How many green lawns in the area need cutting?...might have solved your feed shortage.
But then how far can an Angus get in 1.5 hrs.....interesting sideline maybe.;) ;) ;)
Richard

More
4 years 1 month ago #550670 by Ruth
Replied by Ruth on topic Covid-19
The lawn in question is surrounded by nasty plants that would kill my cattle, so no.

This was a couple with a branded vehicle travelling out of their own area to perform a task that could barely be classed as useful, let alone essential. Just a comment on people making up their own excuses to get out and about. There's too much of that going on up here. That and rumour mongering on social media. Perhaps I'll go to bed with a book.

On a brighter note, we've just had a couple of mms of wetting rain!

More
4 years 1 month ago #550671 by Ramsay
Replied by Ramsay on topic Covid-19
Hi
Met service says maybe some more tomorrow.
Fingers crossed.
Richard

More
4 years 1 month ago #550674 by linrae
Replied by linrae on topic Covid-19
Went Pak N Save yesterday wait in queue no problem

Inside not one staff wearing a mask stacking ,serving,checkout Funny ???
Also why do they have to handle all produce putting into bins shelves etc.
Surely point of infection leave in bulk bins delivered to store in

Just my thoughts

More
4 years 1 month ago #550675 by Ruth
Stephan went for his 'flu vaccine on Wednesday, being of an age to get it early. He said the nurse coming out to jab people in their vehicles wouldn't have had time to change her gloves between each appearance and she kept touching her hair, brushing it back from her face. All those behaviours so many of us do, and don't notice, suddenly become important and ... scary!

More
4 years 1 month ago #550676 by ZummersetGirl
Hi Ruth. Just a comment about the nurse possibly not changing her gloves. As I sure you are aware when wearing gloves for a while your hands get sweaty and it makes it difficult to get new gloves on quickly. She could have been using hand sanitiser gel/foam on her gloves rather than changing them - same effect as changing gloves. There may be constraints on the numbers of gloves they have - after using sanitiser for about 6 times on bare hands I need to wash my hands to get rid of the feeling of the gel/foam off them. Touching hair is difficult not to do as it is often an unconscious action however I was taught (many years ago :( ) to keep my hair tied back to reduce this happening. We aren’t used to giving the flu jab outside so the wind may have been blowing her hair and causing her strife. All these things we are learning.

More
4 years 1 month ago #550690 by Ruth
On the news just now: "... and in Gisborne Hospital where staff are holding drills to deal with C-19 patients..."

Blimey, that's extreme! Leeches would be bad enough but drills would really hurt!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mudlerk

More
4 years 1 month ago #550691 by Mudlerk
Replied by Mudlerk on topic Covid-19
:P :P

More
4 years 1 month ago #550694 by spoook
Replied by spoook on topic Covid-19
The drills are actually for the stupid ones that have not heeded the warnings and then, when they do find out they are not "bulletproof", they get infected and need drilling. ;-)

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
4 years 1 month ago #550695 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic Covid-19
Hell! They're not staffing Gisborne hospital with dentists are they? :S

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
4 years 1 month ago #550699 by Sue
Replied by Sue on topic Covid-19
No dentist jokes please!
My daughter has just spent 2 solid weeks in Hawkes Bay organising the dental response for Hawkes Bay DHB based in Hastings hospital, working from a motel room and an office doing 12 x 12 hour days and came back on Saturday, fairly frazzled, for some respite care now that all the systems can be monitored from a desk and a Zoom connection.

Dentists are on the front line for spit related contamination remember in their everyday work anyway, so it had just been a case of reminding the staff to take extra precautions, and all the school dental service is closed too- but people still get toothache and have accidents!

Sue
Labrador lover for yonks, breeder of pedigree Murray Grey cattle for almost as long, and passionate poultry person for more years than I care to count.

More
4 years 1 month ago #550701 by Ruth
Having no personal fear of dentists, my thoughts were first for nursing staff with battery-powered hand drills. I once watched a sick programme on TV, whose images have never left me.

More
4 years 1 month ago #550703 by Sue
Replied by Sue on topic Covid-19
Yes I appreciate your mental images of nurses wielding electric drills!
I must say dentists were not my favourite people until my daughter decided to become one!

Sue
Labrador lover for yonks, breeder of pedigree Murray Grey cattle for almost as long, and passionate poultry person for more years than I care to count.

More
4 years 1 month ago #550704 by ZummersetGirl
Dentists are one of the most vulnerable essential workers around. Being up close and personal all the time when treating patients puts them at very high risk. I know they will only be dealing with urgent cases but still. I don’t like going to the dentist as I have the typical drill, fill and pulled teeth that the UK NHS inflicted on people - not based on preventative treatment but on payment for work done; hence I have only a couple of undrilled teeth. My dentist was called Mr Blood :0

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds