Homekill meat products

More
4 years 6 months ago #548266 by ccrk9
Homekill meat products was created by ccrk9
I know the home kill meat regulations re not selling meat itself or who can and cannot eat it but it does not say this includes processed products such as savaloys, salami etc or dried meat such as biltong.

I would assume the rules still apply to these products ???

The greatest fine art of the future will be the making of a comfortable
living from a small piece of land. ~ Abraham Lincoln ~

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #548267 by LongRidge
Replied by LongRidge on topic Homekill meat products
Definitely do, just as you are banned from selling meals that have been made out of homekilled meat.

More
4 years 6 months ago #548269 by Sue
Replied by Sue on topic Homekill meat products
Or serving home killed products like bacon to Bed and Breakfast guests!

Sue
Labrador lover for yonks, breeder of pedigree Murray Grey cattle for almost as long, and passionate poultry person for more years than I care to count.

More
4 years 6 months ago #548391 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Homekill meat products
If the authorities receive a complaint, they are pretty quick to jump on it. A small business in our greater area used to do pancakes with bacon, however, it was the business owners pigs that were processed for the pancakes and it was duly reported.

My understanding from the business owner that once they had gone through the investigation and following action (which was not fully disclosed to me and I had no reason to ask) the business owner had to produce purchase receipts upon demand to supply evidence they were purchasing the bacon. They ended up dropping that item from their menu...

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds