Unidentified thing in microscope

More
4 years 10 months ago #546958 by spoook
Be patient, it is possible.

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #546985 by STAPLENZ
Hi spook, not a happening thing this this pic taking thing, just wondering what u are using??? I've been trying for over and hour now and this is the best I can do, BTW this is from cattle and is a float test not mc masters, I have ordered a macmasters slide, still waiting...
I just can't seem to line it up even with a microscope phone bracket ...
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by STAPLENZ.

More
4 years 10 months ago #546988 by STAPLENZ
And they must have been a fluke, cause I got those two pics after about 10 mins, and then couldn't repeat it??? I suppose its not really necessary to be able to take pics... But would be handy for us newbies...
Could u please mayb next time u do tests. ((after tonight I will never ever again ask for feacal pics from anyone on the planet lol)) could u just show how u would take pics if u were taking pics...

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #546989 by STAPLENZ
And I took this pic of what I presume is a very happy face airbubble, with no phone bracket, just holding phone in hand, but for this pic I put blue tack on the top eyepiece, found that helps heaps, but i warmed up the blue tack first by massaging it with fingers , and then i think the grease from my skin etc , got on the lennse on the phone camara from the blue tack .. it helped in one respect but not sure if to reccommed or not ??... even the pic of bluetack on scope is blurry because of it ...

tuesday july 9 , update adding a pic i found on a horse website.
Egg of Nematodirus (A) seen in a faeces sample, in comparison to a strongyle worm egg B and a coccidian oocyst (C).
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by STAPLENZ.

More
4 years 10 months ago #546992 by spoook
Haha, how did I take the photos? Very slowly and with much patience and a lot of "I will not give up".
I just held my camera, or phone, over the top of the scope, hooked my hand, to steady the camera, on the scope and just kept tilting, ever so slightly, until I had the shot. About 1 in about 5 would turn out with something that even resembled eggs, all the rest look as if I was taking shots of an eclipse.
Keep trying, you will get there. ;-)

More
4 years 10 months ago #546993 by spoook
If you really want pictures, there is a microscope camera that fits over the top of the eyepiece. Not cheap but would be a great thing to have.

The following user(s) said Thank You: STAPLENZ

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #547003 by STAPLENZ
well ive now ordered one of those little cameras that fit over eye piece (but this camera is designed for telescopes not microscopes, not sure if it will work, but was $11 compared to $60 for microscope camara ),
a brandnew microscope with an x and y axis stage , and an AU adapter to plug the microscope into , all for less than $120 NZD ... now just sit back and wait (impatiently lol) cause its all coming from chinaB) B) B) B)
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by STAPLENZ.

More
4 years 10 months ago #547004 by spoook
Well done, will be interesting to see how it turns out.

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #547005 by STAPLENZ
www.aliexpress.com/item/32871110966.html...1.0.0.44e24c4dVJQTyf thats the scope ,
www.aliexpress.com/item/32918817360.html...1.0.0.44e24c4dVJQTyf thats the camera,
im not sure that the scope will be any good at that price either , but if it is useless , i will try to put the moveable stage from his new one , onto my old scope , even if i have to weld it on ,ill get it on there , epoxy resin might be better, i bet its all plastic lol .. and im better with epoxy than welding ,

monday july 8th , OVERALL i reccommned if u can afford an extra couple of hundred $$ go for that .because of not being able to use the biggest lens with a macmasters slide. but if not keep reading .

microscope here , the main body is not plastic its steel , stage is plastic , light fittings etc plastic , its HEAPS better quality than i expected !!! very tiny (as described in listing) but hang its just that its so much better to use the crappy one i was using ,far far better optics .
and my old one used batteries, this one is plug in and u can dim or increase both lights etc , the stage does go up and down , but only about 4-5 mm ,.
I FOUND one egg ,right at the top of the grid, i think stronaglid (the pic i have added is spooks pic, but whatever that is ,that is what i saw on the macmasters slide ) but only found it with the 4x lens , changed to the 10x lens and it was in the ""no mans land ""mentioned below ..(it is near snowing today , not much worm burden in this weather )
PROBLEMS, cant use the biggest lens at all with a macmasters slide , working stage works fine to go from left to right over both the grids on the macmasters slides no problems at all , but not forwards and backwards is about one mm more movement it needs , so tommowrow , im getting the angle grinder to fix this problem.
another problem u will have if anyone does order one, ,they come with a US type plug , no where on that guys listing does he say AU adapter available, he or she does NOT have to supply it,( from ali u can get one delivered to ur door for $1.03, does anyone need that link ?)

july 9 attacked it with an angle grinder and file, .now with the modifications shown , can COMPLETELY cover the two grids on the macmasters slide with 2 out of 3 lenses, (please note each of those three pics that look identical , are NOT the same , they are before and after modification pics , going from right to left ). The optics are excellent for the money paid !!!!!!!!!

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #547011 by STAPLENZ
did a bit more research , and realised i could of simply upgraded my old m-scope and saved myself $70 odd dollars , so if anyone else reading this hasnt got a moveable stage on their m-scope , and u really do need one for reading mcmasters slides or even plain float tests ,
u can buy the x and y axis stage for about $24 dollars , theres a vid of how it works here,(this actually a link to another microscope but there a vid link on that page , it should be on the left hand side of the page )

www.aliexpress.com/item/32834564368.html...0.0.0.1f192e0e9EUdlG

and this is the type of thing u are looking for
www.aliexpress.com/item/32864204035.html...0.0.0.3fe32e0eb6pIdR

theres hundreds of different types and different screw holes etc ....
to start searching , try ""microscope x-y mechanical stage ""

I'm a newbie also, try different lights and try them from various angles, in these pics, the darker pic is normal bright field, light from underneath subject, the green pic, is the same pic with headlamp from above, lower light source turned off, both pics are exactly the same and it's just using the 4x objective. It's just a peice of moss, works the same for egg identification.
These pics are very fuzzy, looks heaps better in real life, but phone camara has a auto zoom thing that just doesn't like to work properly on microscope.
(when the area around the subject is white, its known as "brightfield", and when the area around the subject is black, its known as "darkfield")
you can buy special "darkfield" filters that fit onto the light condenser on your microscope, but if u only have a cheap microscope with no light condenser etc like me just use a headlamp.just remember to turn the underneath light source off.

The last two pics i think are stronglye eggs, both the same , but the last pic i forgot to turn the underneath light off. so its a mixture of darkfield and brightfield.again the image is fuzzy due to reasons above. using darkfield gives a much greater 3d effect for help with identification of egg type, its just a pity the pics dont show it ....
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by STAPLENZ. Reason: Newbie info

More
4 years 10 months ago #547012 by spoook
Your first link it to a scope for sale not a video.

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #547014 by STAPLENZ
but the vid is on that listing ..
Yes the little arrow is a bit camouflaged...

( should be a printable pdf file fiascofarm.com/files/Fecal-Record-Sheet.pdf this is not a good one , i just dont like it lol , has anyone got a link to a better one?? with more lines per page, and with colums for each egg type please?? )
Attachments:

More
4 years 9 months ago #547216 by STAPLENZ
I don't think it's an egg?? Spent few hours on this today, looked at 7 different samples, that was the closest thing that looked like an egg?? But most likely debri?? And it was far too small I think??
Attachments:

More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #547217 by kate
I'm pretty sure that's pollen...

Web Goddess
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by kate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: STAPLENZ

More
4 years 9 months ago #547218 by STAPLENZ
thankyou again Kate , just wondering if polen comes in different sizes ?? because this thing was tiny , (compared to the stonglid egg i found a few days ago ??)

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds