Hydraulic setup on post rammer advice needed.

More
4 years 11 months ago #546292 by fully
Hi All.
First time here. Got a 9.5ha ex forestry block we have just built a bach on and ready to start getting our hands dirty.
So got a 8 ton digger and want to make a post ramer for it for fencing. Its got 1 set of AUX plumbing that is operated with a foot pedal in the cab. The pedal is pilot pressure hydraulic to the main spool valve. I want to move that control to the rammer. Can I just parrallel it up with a "T" in the pilot hose and run it to the end?
Have designed for a rapid extend valve for the weight drop. Plus need 1 more ram for the tilt sideways. Can I parallel up the pilot lines at the rammer end as well and also the AUX hoses in a valve block with one reversing valve and the quick extend valve ?

Any tips on the hydraulics appreciated.
Cheers
Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #546315 by Crusha
Can’t help with specifics on hydraulics, but I can confirm you can have multiple rams operating off of one bank.

Our post driver has a control bank for five operations ( extend rig, tilt in and out, tilt back and forward, lift and lower rock spike and lift the monkey) that run on one set of hydraulics (two hoses) on the bank at the rear of the tractor.

I would guess that the pedal in the cab operates like the levers in a tractor in that it activates the hydraulic line but the actual control of the post driver is done from the post driver itself. Does the pedal stay engaged when drivers foot is lifted or do you need constant pressure? If it stays engaged you wouldn’t need to move it would you? Just use it to engage the hydraulics but operate the driver from a remote bank.

More
4 years 11 months ago #546344 by fully
Thanks for the info.
Are you hydraulics on the tractor load sensing or manual engage?
The excavator is load sensing with a variable displacement pump. So when nothing is operating its not pumping oil. The foot pedal is spring centre so doesn't stay engaged. Its also only pilot pressure that opens the main spool valve. I am hopeing I can parallel up that pilot pressure and move it to the end of the arm where I want the controls for the ramer.

The hydraulic pump on the excavator is 150L/min at 200 bar so I think good to only have it engaged when needed.

Cheers
Mark

More
4 years 11 months ago #546347 by Crusha
Manually Engaged. You have to either push or pull the lever. The lever will stay engaged once pushed or pulled though. You have to manually disengage it to stop operating. Pump flow is about 100l/min not sure at what pressure.

More
4 years 11 months ago #546348 by Stikkibeek
OH was using this to calculate something to do with his tip tray the other day. No idea if of any help to you as I don't really understand the fine details of hydraulics

Calculator

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds