Chicken finding it hard to breath

More
5 years 4 months ago #544463 by kate28
can you post the pics? I don't know what it is but I am interested to see the photos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #544464 by kbri
Will wait for a consensus before posting as they are not pleasant to look at.

More
5 years 4 months ago #544466 by 16 Paws
If you can add a warning to the title, maybe that would help anyone squeamish avoid seeing something they can’t un-see. But I’d also be interested to see what you found

More
5 years 4 months ago #544467 by kbri
I could not change the title but have added a link to the picture for you to look at - imgur.com/a/mgwyKz2

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #544468 by Sue
Please post the photos! I would say perhaps Leucosis. The excess body fluid is called 'Ascites' and is from fluid seeping out of the tissues and gathering at the lowest point.

Photos of liver, ovaries and intestines would be really helpful.
Lifestylers all should be able to cope with blood and guts!

Sue
Labrador lover for yonks, breeder of pedigree Murray Grey cattle for almost as long, and passionate poultry person for more years than I care to count.
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Sue.

More
5 years 4 months ago #544469 by Sue

Sue
Labrador lover for yonks, breeder of pedigree Murray Grey cattle for almost as long, and passionate poultry person for more years than I care to count.

More
5 years 4 months ago #544470 by kbri
The lesions in leucosis seem quite flat against the organs but these were raised - almost like lypomas or calcifications.

More
5 years 4 months ago #544471 by Sue
I think if you google Leucosis in chickens-images- you will find several examples that look quite like yours.

Sue

More
5 years 4 months ago #544472 by kbri
Thanks for sharing the views. Regardless, I am pretty happy we made the right decision. Going to clean and disinfect the area from top to bottom over the next few days and then decide whether to start again or not.

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds