Best place to advertise for a land & cottage caretaker in Northland?

More
5 years 11 months ago #539684 by Ronney
Hawkspur, you're yet another southerner who has never lived in the Far North. The FNDC themselves admit that it would take 30 years to deal with all the unpermitted buildings in their jurisdiction and that it is financially out of the question.

The "New Northerners" ergo, those Aucklanders cashing up and moving north for cheap property will change that in the due course of time but in the meantime many of us live here quite happily with elephants in the room, and sometimes more than one. Funnily enough the roof hasn't collapsed, piles fallen into the mud, floor joists following the piles, dodgy electrics causing house to burn down...... considerably better than the leaky homes that cost millions and continues to do so. Some of us are quite happy living back in the 1950's.

Cheers,
Ronnie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #539685 by Stikkibeek
I can see a good reason why someone care taking is a good idea. With the theft of cattle by lowlifes, it doesn't pay to leave a rural property without persons present for weeks on end.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
5 years 11 months ago #539686 by rees777
Copy that. Elephants to stay in camouflage to avoid being hunted...
Long may the way of life continued untarnished. We are looking forward to living in the 1950s also....

More
5 years 11 months ago #539687 by Hawkspur
Ronnie, the question I answered wasn't about the Council pursuing the CoA, but the process of getting one.

In some of the cases I know of there is a complaint laid by someone with an agenda of their own so the Council have to get involved because they can't pretend to not know, and sometimes things are too big and prominent - such as a large warehouse in the CBD!

More
5 years 11 months ago #539689 by LongRidge
Electric fencing is close to useless with sheep and goats .... except when
the animals have been trained to respect electricity, and
they always have a short coat, and
they always have damp feet, and
they don't move very quickly, and
the animals are very heavy, and
there is enough power going through the fence to kill anything that gets caught in the fence.
Sheep and goats don't fit these requirements, but cattle do. Find a neighbour with cattle who will graze your pasture when the ground conditions are right.
Grazing land is worth about $100 per acre per year, which just happens to be about the same price as fertiliser and weed control costs.

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds