How not to win friends and really piss people off before you even meet them ....

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #539244 by Muz1
Mudlerk, you might have had dead animals or worse still a human life lost. The neighbour relationship would be very good then.

Everything Must be Somewhere

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #539245 by Ruth
All support to you Mudlerk. I have continued to get shit from anonymous members of my community for years (helpful when apparent friends feel you should know what they've heard - not!) - although some of them are very obviously identifiable - about calling the cops after finding a young man, almost unable to stand in his extreme inebriation, as he stumbled around on the road, having crawled out of his crashed-over-the-bank car. I'd followed his tracks up the road, weaving side to side, wondering what was going on. The rest of what then went wrong with his life was apparently all my fault and calling anyone on drunk driving in this community is a social sin that obviously deserves ongoing punishment. That despite having suffered the death of my own brother because a drunk on the wrong side of the road killed him as he was driving home one Xmas night. It's personal. It should be personal to everyone when someone else's behaviour has the potential to kill.
The following user(s) said Thank You: max2

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #539246 by Stikkibeek

Mudlerk wrote: I suspect not dobbing in bad behaviour is a weakness masquerading as a virtue.
For ten years I have been living with the consquences, after I phoned the cops about my neighbour's grandchildren firing across our back paddock while shooting at a target nailed to their loading ramp.
Had kept quiet, I might still have civil neighbours.

A friend of ours dropped in the other day absolutely incensed because one of his neighbours had invited a party of idiots to come and help him use some mature stags as target practice just out in front of the friends house. What upset the friend, most, was that all these trigger happy idiots, didn't have a sportsman like brain between them, and the poor bloody stags were dragging themselves around the paddock with various serious injuries as they bled to death in front of the friends homestay guests.
Apart from the risk to anyone in the vicinity of the friends home, the cruelty meted out on the stags was horrible. Friend called the police, but the young upstart of a cop who came, seemed to think the whole thing perfectly normal for a rural environment. Friend has taken the matter higher.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #539247 by max2

Mudlerk wrote: I suspect not dobbing in bad behaviour is a weakness masquerading as a virtue.
For ten years I have been living with the consquences, after I phoned the cops about my neighbour's grandchildren firing across our back paddock while shooting at a target nailed to their loading ramp.
Had kept quiet, I might still have civil neighbours.

Sorry to hear that!

I suspect though that ''something else'' might have caused concern in time with your neighbours. Civil neighbours don't push unlawful boundaries to the extreme, they do their best not to impact on others more than they have to and find common ground where possible.

Hubby has a great example... in his day when you were riding your motorbike up the back in your ''free'' time, you had a muffler and didn't speed around stock in paddocks but stayed away from them and your neighbours housing. If you didn't, your father took the bike from you and you got a clip around the ear or some nasty chore to do for a week. These days it seems popular to have the loudest dirt bike possible at the closest point to someone else's home and use it to harass either your parents stock or those of neighbours if they are standing near a boundary fence line. And you get to keep doing so after school every day and every weekend......

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds