Ordering NAIT tags online

More
6 years 2 months ago #538480 by Denneaux
Is such a thing possible? I mean, it is 2018 after all...

Unless stated, the above post is not meant as criticism.

Go back and read it again in your HAPPY voice!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #538483 by Povnation
Replied by Povnation on topic Ordering NAIT tags online
Yes...but I think you print the form out fill it in and then post Back to the tag company...So...No

More
6 years 2 months ago #538487 by Ruth
Replied by Ruth on topic Ordering NAIT tags online
You still have to do it through a rural supplies company, as far as I know, via Farmlands, Farmsource, PGGWrightson, etc. They put the order through and the tags are sent directly to you. Goodness knows why. Maybe they think the system is too tricky for plebs or something and that the shop people, since they do it all the time, will weed out some of the inevitable errors in orders - although in my experience it's that step that has inserted an error from time to time.

More
6 years 2 months ago #538490 by Mudlerk
Replied by Mudlerk on topic Ordering NAIT tags online
I've hit similar problems with sheep eartag orders -- have to go through Farmlands, etc if you only want a few. Reminiscent of the post-Rogernomics electricity restructure. isn't it? Politicians nowadays, whether 'centre left' or 'centre right', always seem to add an inefficient layer of 'private red tape' for ordinary folk, then exempt big businesses.

More
6 years 2 months ago #538493 by Muz1
Replied by Muz1 on topic Ordering NAIT tags online
Check the manufacturers web sites. ALLFLEX, ZEE, LEADER PRODUCTS. LEADER have an on-line facility-avoids order cock-ups via reseller.

Everything Must be Somewhere

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #538500 by Sue
Replied by Sue on topic Ordering NAIT tags online
I agree with Muz1, just contact the suppliers direct.
You will need to fill out the form with your NAIT number and the actual tag numbers you need-but you can just print out their order form, fill it out and scan it back to them. Avoids the middle man-like the rural supply company-stuffing it up!
e.g.
www.allflex.co.nz/downloads/Allflex_NAIT...rm_A0717_Aug2017.pdf

Ooops, just reread the form, you then have to take it to your nearest farm supplier!
I'm spoilt as I just order mine direct through Performance Beef Breeders (PBB) that have a special tag person who accepts orders by email!

Sue
Labrador lover for yonks, breeder of pedigree Murray Grey cattle for almost as long, and passionate poultry person for more years than I care to count.
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Sue. Reason: added a bit more!

More
6 years 2 months ago #538502 by Muz1
leaderproducts.co.nz/Index.htm?CFID=14212086&CFTOKEN=34313390

On-line place order facility-no need to print. HDX tags only but good price-better than FDX even.

More
6 years 2 months ago #538509 by Ruth

Sue wrote: ...Ooops, just reread the form, you then have to take it to your nearest farm supplier!
I'm spoilt as I just order mine direct through Performance Beef Breeders (PBB) that have a special tag person who accepts orders by email!

Yup.
I do mine by email with Farmlands, since it's best if I send them a picture of the tags I want to repeat each time I order. No, I don't want the year number, yes, I do want those initials in that space above the number, etc. etc. When they did stuff it up, I was able to refer back to that email and my clear instructions and the tags were redone at their cost, not mine. If I'd done a phone order, it might have been harder to argue the point. It's no particular big deal, dealing with a farm store or the tag company. Presumably the tag companies don't want to dick around with a lot of small orders, where the farm stores are more able to do that.

More
6 years 2 months ago #538510 by Muz1
Ruth, the tag companies still have to process the small orders regardless of order origin..
I don't have cattle and wonder if the farm suppliers offer tag choice eg brand or FDX or HDX when an order is placed. (Noticed these things looking on web-and price difference).

More
6 years 2 months ago #538512 by Ruth
The difference is that they have to explain their systems to fewer people, I would guess. You can choose FDX or HDX. Presumably you can choose brand also. You'd want to, if you have the taggers already.

More
6 years 2 months ago #538513 by Sue
Replied by Sue on topic Ordering NAIT tags online
Muz1, you can down load the suppliers order form on line, then take it in to the farm suppliers to send through. I think it is the invoicing to lots of individuals rather the ordering of small lots the reason you have to order through somewhere like Farmlands. Alflex offer HDX and FDX NAIT tags and the Farm stores usually can order from several different suppliers.

Sue
Labrador lover for yonks, breeder of pedigree Murray Grey cattle for almost as long, and passionate poultry person for more years than I care to count.

More
6 years 1 month ago #538538 by Muz1
Yes Sue, I understand stores can source from different suppliers but do they offer choice?. Looking at prices, it appears FDX quality are cheaper than HDX - and should be on quality (automated systems only use HDX it seems so I guess is best read). LEADER only show HDX and the price is better than FDX prices I have seen so I would expect stores to offer all options given HDX is best read...

More
6 years 1 month ago #538577 by LongRidge
Replied by LongRidge on topic Ordering NAIT tags online
Denneaux, remember that your tagger will only work with the type of tags it was made for. ABC's tags will not work with a DEF tagger.

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds