Important news....please read

More
6 years 4 months ago #537156 by kate
Thanks again.

I've had literally hundreds of messages asking that the site not be closed, that the information not be lost. So I've decided to keep the site going for at least another six months and try to overcome some of the problems. LSB Plus will be closed as some of the elements of that are the most intractable.

So....sorry for all the alarm, back to normal (ish).

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess
The following user(s) said Thank You: spoook, Ronney, tonic, Furball, max2, Stikkibeek, Ruth, Deanna, Wren, justjussi and 1 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #537157 by Ramsay
Yah....:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Thanks
Richard

More
6 years 4 months ago #537160 by Bamboo
I think you just made everyones' New Year a really Happy one.
May you have a good one too.
Cheers
Mark
The following user(s) said Thank You: kate, max2, Deanna

More
6 years 4 months ago #537163 by Ruth
Let us have a New Year's Resolution: that we will all make more effort to contribute to the forum, since it is activity that attracts new membership and more activity. Whole days can go by now with very little posted. Conversation requires participation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kate, spoook, max2

More
6 years 4 months ago #537165 by Stikkibeek
I was looking forward to cracking the 10,000 posts mark, so I will endeavour to reply to the next 991 who may need help! :evil: :whistle: :)

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S
The following user(s) said Thank You: kate

More
6 years 4 months ago #537167 by neil postie
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
or
yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
(my spellcheck can't find the correct spelling

More
6 years 4 months ago #537170 by 16 Paws
That is the most wonderful news!
Kate - can I make one plea? That if there is something that help is needed with, that you let the forum know. I’m sure I’m not alone in having been blissfully unaware that the page was at risk. I did consider LSB plus, and it wasn’t the cost that put me off. Just one of those “didn’t get around to it” things. But contributing financially is certainly something I would do to help keep the site running. Maybe there are others here who would be able/prepared to do the same? If it were to help???

More
6 years 4 months ago #537171 by Furball
Well, here I was logging on to say goodbye, and I find out that we all have a reprieve. Thank you very much Kate. The best Christmas present I could have this year.

May I also second 16 Paws' suggestion - if money is needed for something for the site, why not do an "appeal" thread and ask us old crusty regulars to contribute? Wikipedia does a similar thing whenever it needs money, so it's not impossible that it could work for our beloved forum too.

More
6 years 4 months ago #537174 by Sue
Same here, I was logging on to say goodbye too!

Yay for another 6 months. I know how stressful it has been for you Kate. I felt that there were not as many people posting as there used to be-but at least if there are lots lurking then those of who do post are not doing so in vain.

I know that probably money is not the only worry about keeping the site going-but even if things change and we can all contribute a bit like we used to do, then it keeps the family together!

I post on facebook and answer questions when raised, but as you say it vanishes into the depths never to be found again when the immediateness wears off. So although useful it doesn't nearly have the archive features that LSB does here.

Happy New Year everyone, especially Kate-and see you all again on line in 2018!

Sue
Labrador lover for yonks, breeder of pedigree Murray Grey cattle for almost as long, and passionate poultry person for more years than I care to count.

More
6 years 4 months ago #537177 by hilldweller
Yay another six months at least :)

How can we help Kate?

hilldweller
The following user(s) said Thank You: max2

More
6 years 4 months ago #537180 by 70m45
Replied by 70m45 on topic Important news....please read
Hi Kate, first of all thanks for all the work you've spent on running the site!

Regarding the issues, could you please be more specific/technical about the problems you are having running the website? Is it the discussion forum engine causing troubles?

Or is it something else? I have IT background and I'm willing to help (if I can).

It looks to me that you are running Joomla with Kunena extension - what part of it doesn work correctly? Is it some sorts of you customisations which are not compatible with newer version of the engine so you can't update or something similar?

Thanks
Tomas

More
6 years 4 months ago #537184 by PremiumPoultry
Kate!! I am so happy!!
Thanks so much for making my day!

More
6 years 4 months ago #537189 by Deanna
Wow, I tuned in to the devistating news but supported the decision as best for Kate. Now a timely reprieve. Excellent news. Maybe the FB page can do as good a job? Which ever, all the best to everyone for the New Year ahead.

25 acres, 1400 Blue Gums, Wiltshire sheep, 5 steers, 2 cows, ducks, chickens, bees, dog, cats, retired, 1 husband and 3 grandkids.

More
6 years 4 months ago #537194 by ZummersetGirl
Oh Kate - you have made my day. I have learnt so much from this site even though I don’t have enough experience to offer answers to queries. I visit everyday and was bereft at the thought I wouldn’t be able to get my daily fix - I don’t do Facebook so would be lost without LSB. I have absolutely no computer experience but could donate an amount monthly if this would help? Thank you, thank you, thank you.

More
6 years 4 months ago #537204 by Wren
Replied by Wren on topic Important news....please read
Whoop - what excellent news!! :) :) And yes please do put out a call if help is required - this is a community, after all, right?

Muddling our way through 1Ha on the Christchurch Port Hills, with flocks of heritage chickens, Silver Appleyard ducks, Gotland sheep, and Arapawa goats.

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds