Important news....please read

More
6 years 5 months ago #537011 by kate
As you may know, I set up LSB 17 years ago and it's been through a lot - good and bad - since then but over the last little while it's become apparent that I can't keep it going much longer.

The website used to be all about content and the members but increasingly we've been bogged down in technical issues that are proving too difficult to resolve. So I've decided to close down LSB at the end of this year.

Thanks for all your support and sorry!

Web Goddess
The following user(s) said Thank You: arnie.m, Kalmara, max2, terralee, Hawkspur, Stikkibeek, Mudlerk, Edenview, Belle Bosse, Kiwi Tussock and 12 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #537012 by terralee
Awwww Kate ,,,that decision would not have come easy ...thank you so much for all the work you put into making this a fantastic learning site .....I have made lovely friends and learnt so much because it it.
Thank you :ohmy:

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: kate

More
6 years 5 months ago #537015 by Ramsay
Hi
What are we going to do with out your daily fix of LSB....:(

Is there anyway that the info ,collect on here, can be archived?

Would be a great loss if we lost it all.

Thanks for all your hard work.
Richard

More
6 years 5 months ago #537016 by little red digger
Kate.
Many thanks for the work you have put in over the last 17 years. This has been a great site, I have not had time over the last couple of years to visit and contribute but it has been a great source of information ( and entertainment) and I will miss it.
Good luck for the future. Cheers Little red digger.
PS if you ever need a digger, engineer, architect or builder please feel free to call.

Dave and Ruth, Oxford Contracting

More
6 years 5 months ago #537017 by Remington
I must admit I am really sad this is happening I only just went rural and joined the group... That said I understand that this must have been very hard to decide and I know that you have to do what is best for you, so I wish you well going forward!

More
6 years 5 months ago #537018 by LongRidge
Kate, I offer my best wishes, and sincere thanks for the opportunity to communicate with learners who wish to learn. BUT, you cannot stop now. There is a new generation of newbies starting to make the same mistakes that we have made, or not yet having the opportunities to avoid the mistakes we have made. You must keep going :-).
I appreciate that you have spent many thousands of hours and dollars on this service, but it has been hugely appreciated. "The Manager" frequently informs me that I spend too much TIME on this website, so I can appreciate that your manager may be putting the same pressure on you. If so, tell him in no uncertain terms that LSB is a hugely valuable contribution to the world.
If your technical issues are only computer related, I will attempt to persuade Little LongRidge to assist you. He may not be the best computer technician in the world, but in my opinion he is pretty darned good :-).
Your reconsideration would be hugely appreciated, and if not then you have my many thanks.

More
6 years 5 months ago #537022 by ZummersetGirl
I am so sorry you have had to make this decision. It must have been very hard for you. Many thanks for all your hard work and to all the contributors to the forum. I have learnt so much from reading the posts and the info files. What am I going to do without my LSB fix?

More
6 years 5 months ago #537024 by Wren
Replied by Wren on topic Important news....please read

Ramsay wrote: Hi
Is there anyway that the info ,collect on here, can be archived?

Would be a great loss if we lost it all.

I second this - my partner and I are barely starting out on our lifestyle block journey and still have so much to learn, especially about large livestock. This forum has been a fantastic resource for us so far so it would be invaluable to be able to still search past posts.

This must have been a tough decision - a sad one for us all :(

Muddling our way through 1Ha on the Christchurch Port Hills, with flocks of heritage chickens, Silver Appleyard ducks, Gotland sheep, and Arapawa goats.

More
6 years 5 months ago #537025 by PremiumPoultry
I also am very sad to see this go, but would like to say a huge THANKYOU to Kate. Although I do not post on here much, I read all the new posts everyday.
Would there be someone else who could carry this on? I have got so much helpful info off this, it would be a pity to lose everything.
But once again, thanks a lot to Kate!

More
6 years 5 months ago #537026 by Mich
Replied by Mich on topic Important news....please read
I've been absent from the site for a couple of years but just last night logged in to find so many familiar faces still here that it felt like I was coming back home after a long trip away.

Kate, I've already replied separately to your email, but can I just add my thanks for the wonderful gift you have given us over the years - the chance to learn from so many experienced people, the friendships built, the useful information, contacts and chatter etc, and overall, the feeling that although we may come from different backgrounds, different blocks and have different interests, we're all part of a big family that loves the life we live.

You will be very much missed. As will all the members whose names I've come to know so well. .
Mich.

Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help someone up. Anon.

More
6 years 5 months ago #537027 by Belle Bosse
Sorry to see this website close Kate. You have done a great job with it.
LSB website has been a great source of information over the last 6.5 years that I have been here. There have been good laughs, some tears, some great photos, excellent explanations and many cheers. It has felt like a family even though many of us have not and may never meet in person.

Thank you for all the work you have done to keep things running over the years. Hope to see you round the ridges some day. All the best for 2018

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #537029 by spoook
So sad. :-(
I know it would not have been an easy decision, we are all your family, we are all our family, we have been there for each other for many years.
Through this site I have met many people that have become and remain friends. Without this site I would not know you Kate, the bestest friend I have ever had and, I know, will continue to be.

I have learned you should always let people know how you feel, tomorrow is never guaranteed.
Kate..... I love you, I love the information I have gleaned from this site you have created, I will sadly miss it not being here, the memories will always be with me.

Change is not a bad thing, Without change there would be no butterflies. Spread your wings and take on the world (just don't leave NZ).

I am sitting here feeling like I used to when a Telethon finished................... what now? The party is over, the people are gone, the screen is blank. :unsure:

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by spoook.

More
6 years 5 months ago #537032 by Nora
Replied by Nora on topic Important news....please read
So sorry to hear this. I have had much enjoyment from reading the posts, and learning about all sorts of topics. Thank you Kate for everything you have done for the site over all these years.

• stentor
6 years 5 months ago #537034 by stentor
Replied by stentor on topic Important news....please read
Sorry to hear this news but thank you for all of the good info and advice from all that I have read on here

More
6 years 5 months ago #537035 by AlanL
Replied by AlanL on topic Important news....please read
I am sure this has been heart wrenching and very difficult decision. What you have built up is unlike any other forum in NZ, and that is all the more important because our situation is different to other countries, and the advice I have received from other more experienced LSB'ers has been invaluable. Add that that, there are LSB'ers all over the country and regional advice is vital.

I just read your email and while I have not added much to the forums, the postings have been very important for me and saved us a small fortune in wasted effort.

I am saddened you have not been able to find the right kind of technical help. I wonder if it would be possible to open source the forum itself so it may continue, in your name?

Thank you for your continued efforts. I have enjoyed reading the updates over the last few years.

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds