Homekill / butchers recommendations around Feilding?

More
6 years 7 months ago #535444 by pretendfarmer
Hi all, any recommendations for homekill / butchers around Feilding? We want to do our first pigs, one pork and one bacon. We've had some average experiences with previous butchers and want to get the best from these. Seems there's not too many options around here now. Cost is less of an issue, we just want good quality

Thanks all! :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #535453 by Remrem
I highly recommend Craig Merritt for slaughter and Vaughan Munn in Halcombe for processing - Craig will drop the carcasses to Vaughan. I haven't got phone numbers handy but they're on here www.dennis.co.nz/home-kill-operators-26-5-2017/

Farming on The Main Drag in the Rangitikei since Feb 2013

More
6 years 7 months ago #535469 by pretendfarmer
Great, thanks for that, I'll give them a call

More
6 years 7 months ago #535470 by Dorkus
Andy from Wharite Meats in Woodville lives out in Halcomb. Never used him for homekill but he process all my venison and does a bloody good job. Worth asking him.

Muddling through establishing a new LSB from scratch.

More
6 years 7 months ago #535474 by kate28
Steve Bright at feilding farm meats down churcher st is really good. very clean. Pig costs $110 for pork and we paid $20 extra for one loin of bacon last time. Bacon was really nice. His waiting list is often 3-6 weeks, sometimes more so get in early

More
6 years 7 months ago #535521 by pretendfarmer
Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated

More
6 years 7 months ago #535522 by Mudlerk
We're at Linton. Used to go to Feilding, but switched and now going to Levin or Woodville. The Woodville lot do their slaughtering near Bunnythorpe, so that could work for you perhaps.

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds