Small Tractor (with front bucket option) brand experiences?

More
6 years 8 months ago #535400 by meadowlands
Researching very small tractors with a bucket at the front for moving various metals, mulch etc.
Not sure yet if we're going to look at mowing accessories as we already have a Tow n Mow which is great, open to ideas though.
Any brand/model suggestions?
Have only been on the John Deere website so far, they have something that looks exactly what we're after but might go round a few dealers next week.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• stentor
6 years 8 months ago #535401 by stentor
Yanmar motors for diesel, Honda motors for petrol

More
6 years 8 months ago #535402 by Jontashya
I have a small John Deere. Bought second hand with fel and slasher. Has been fantastic. Would never want to be without it.
Looked at other makes but the John Deere felt most robust.
The following user(s) said Thank You: meadowlands

• sandgrubber
6 years 8 months ago #535405 by sandgrubber
Kubota is also excellent. Really it comes down to local dealerships, their terms, etc.

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #535406 by Alan Gilbert
I have an elderly Kubota B7100, for which I have built a front end loader. The tractor's existing hydraulics were easy to tap into. The FEL works extremely well for all sorts of tasks.
The increased weight way out front meant that I had to increase the front tyre pressure to 30psi from the standard 14, otherwise the steering was impossibly stiff, and install the rear wheel weights to reduce the chances of a nose-dive.
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Alan Gilbert.

More
6 years 8 months ago #535407 by tonybaker
definitely diesel as petrol evaporates easily above a warm motor. Really it depends on what you want to use tractor for and how much you want to pay. FEL's on light tractors are not that good at scooping heavier things up, as whilst there is plenty of torque in the motor there is not enough weight and grip on the tyres to push into a pile of soil. A tipping back bucket is very useful and can be used as a carry all. Kubota has a good reputation, but most brands would be ok for casual use. I would see how easy various brands are to get on and off of, as some have hydraulic hoses in the way.

5 acres, Ferguson 35X and implements, Hanmay pto shredder, BMW Z3, Countax ride on mower, chooks, Dorper and Wiltshire sheep. Bosky wood burning central heating stove and radiators. Retro caravan. Growing our own food and preserving it. Small vineyard, crap wine. :)

More
6 years 8 months ago #535431 by Bamboo
FEL is great asset but if you are going to get one make sure you get a 4 in 1 it more than doubles it's usefulness. Ideal if you are spreading metal as you can open the bucket just a bit to control how much metal you are spreading, has cutting edge on it so you can use to level drives. Need to pull out a fence post? open bucket, grab, lift. Small stumps same. The uses are endless. Beats just the bucket option hands down.

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds