Tractor advice

More
6 years 11 months ago #533200 by wttmf
Tractor advice was created by wttmf
Hi
I have a MF35 which we use for topping off,fert spreading and general load carrying on transport tray.
I want a FEL and also in time a rotary hoe, my question is how much can a mf35 safely lift on a FEL?

Before I invest in a FEL for imy 35, Im wondering if I may need to upgrade to bigger tractor. Such as a MF65 .
I want to be able to lift a large round bail.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #533204 by LongRidge
Replied by LongRidge on topic Tractor advice
Of hay, or balage? Hay weights about 350kg, and balage upwards of 600 kg depending on moisture and the type of machine that is baling it.

More
6 years 11 months ago #533205 by Rokker
Replied by Rokker on topic Tractor advice
You wouldn't want to lift much more than 450 to 500 Kg with a MF35. You might just get away with a large round bale of hay, but forget balage.

Do NOT cross this paddock! ... Unless you can do it in 9 seconds, 'cos the bull can do it in 10!

More
6 years 11 months ago #533279 by tonybaker
Replied by tonybaker on topic Tractor advice
you could go for rear forks, safer than putting them on an FEL.

It'll lift a 5x6 2000# roll of hay with about 6 solid concrete blocks sitting on the front bumper (in an improvised rack).

For 900# you shouldn't have any problem but steering will be sweet (assuming it has manual steering).

Mark

5 acres, Ferguson 35X and implements, Hanmay pto shredder, BMW Z3, Countax ride on mower, chooks, Dorper and Wiltshire sheep. Bosky wood burning central heating stove and radiators. Retro caravan. Growing our own food and preserving it. Small vineyard, crap wine. :)

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds