The Un-greening of our countryside

More
7 years 5 months ago #526996 by Ruth
The point about having great teeth if you have dementia is not having pain you can't identify, describe or have fixed! Tooth pain is, as far as I've observed in others at various times, excruciatingly unpleasant.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #526997 by Stikkibeek

Ruth wrote: The point about having great teeth if you have dementia is not having pain you can't identify, describe or have fixed! Tooth pain is, as far as I've observed in others at various times, excruciatingly unpleasant.

Quite so, but if the known association with aluminium and altzeimers contributed to the dementia, isn't it better to have all faculties so that tooth pain can be identified, described and fixed?

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #526999 by Mudlerk
About fifty years ago, I was instructed by a vet to apply copper sulphate crystals to 'proud flesh' on the leg of my mare, who had staked herself on some macrocarpa. During the third-or-so application, I felt pressure on my own hip. She had it in her big teeth, and gave me a look that clearly said, "You stop, and I'll stop." I did! I heartily agree about how horrible copper sulphate is, but I do bathe my sheep's feet each autumn in zinc sulphate. They don't seem to mind, and it helps keep their hoofs hard in our sodden winter paddocks.
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Mudlerk.

More
7 years 5 months ago #527001 by Ruth
I understood that the "known association" had been debunked.

More
7 years 5 months ago #527011 by Hawkspur
Some current Alzheimer's investigation is into diet related causes, including excess carbohydrates, and also the possible benefit of having no, or very little, food regularly, for short periods, which triggers a cellular old protein clean-up as the body reuses old materials in the body instead of food. This was what one of the Nobel prizes related to, but the human effects and the link to Alzheimer's are unproven at this stage. Alzheimer's affected brains have a buildup of amyloid (a type of protein) plaque.

More
7 years 5 months ago #527029 by wttmf
If you base your decisions on the latest "science" research you might do better to toss a coin.
If something kills then you could make the common sense decision that's its not good for life, including ours, regardless of what the scientist says.

Many Scientific “Truths” Are, In Fact, False....
www.wakeupkiwi.com/news-articles-41.shtml#Science

More
7 years 5 months ago #527045 by Wren

wttmf wrote: If you base your decisions on the latest "science" research you might do better to toss a coin.
If something kills then you could make the common sense decision that's its not good for life, including ours, regardless of what the scientist says.

Many Scientific “Truths” Are, In Fact, False....
www.wakeupkiwi.com/news-articles-41.shtml#Science

Yes, unfortunately the publication system does favour certain results being published over other 'non-results', which doesn't give the average researcher a complete picture of any field, but that is why we need to be critical of everything we read, look at the methods, see how robust we think they are and question those results and how they are interpreted, and that is all part of science. Unfortunately this effect is bigger in the field of medicine and things like farming because of the big bucks involved and the pressure from pharma companies (especially here and in the US) and monsanto etc, who make no effort to publish non-results, and that is exacerbated by how the press sensationalise reporting on these subjects giving your average Joe Bloggs no chance of really understanding what is going on. So basically, don't believe anything you read/hear, question everything, and find out the evidence if you can (but remember that the evidence might change with new info!)

OK, rant over. My apologies....

Muddling our way through 1Ha on the Christchurch Port Hills, with flocks of heritage chickens, Silver Appleyard ducks, Gotland sheep, and Arapawa goats.

More
7 years 5 months ago #527189 by muri
Talking to my fencer today, who also does sprays. He says there is no withholding period for keeping animals off round up .
A comforting thought??

More
7 years 5 months ago #527220 by tonybaker
Luckily us LSBers can mitigate the ingestion of chemicals by growing our own stuff! My approach to any "manufactured" food is to avoid it if possible. Has anyone on here read doctors are dangerous ? It's a wonder we are still alive....it's remarkable how much the human body can tolerate. First they try to kill us with chemicals, now they are trying to do it with "food".....

5 acres, Ferguson 35X and implements, Hanmay pto shredder, BMW Z3, Countax ride on mower, chooks, Dorper and Wiltshire sheep. Bosky wood burning central heating stove and radiators. Retro caravan. Growing our own food and preserving it. Small vineyard, crap wine. :)

More
7 years 5 months ago #527225 by spark

muri wrote: Talking to my fencer today, who also does sprays. He says there is no withholding period for keeping animals off round up .
A comforting thought??

Also comforting is the fact that some cereal growers apply RoundUp to their crop pre-harvest...
This appears to be an officially condoned practice:
roundup.ca/en/news/16/benefits-of-a-pre-harvest-application
roundup.ca/_uploads/documents/MON-Prehar...0Staging%20Guide.pdf

More
7 years 5 months ago #527283 by wttmf
Where there is smoke there is fire...

EU Denies Glyphosate Link to Cancer: German Toxicologist Accuses EU Food Safety Authority (EFSA) of Scientific Fraud.

www.globalresearch.ca/eu-denies-glyphosa...ntific-fraud/5555267

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds