Sick of the rain

More
7 years 9 months ago #522947 by Stikkibeek
Sick of the rain was created by Stikkibeek
So wet underfoot. We haven't had water just sitting in the old creek bed for four years and everywhere is sloppy mud and water logged paddocks. The horse paddocks are a mess desperately need a spell but will have to remain that way for some time, as to shift the horses will just destroy another two paddocks. Grass is growing a little and the paddocks ahead of the cattle are a nice dark green.
Now, I know how to do rain dances, but can anyone tell me how to do a sun-dance? Butch Cassidy need not apply! :whistle:

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #522948 by terralee
Replied by terralee on topic Sick of the rain
Me too :(

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
7 years 9 months ago #522949 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Sick of the rain
and me....

Web Goddess

More
7 years 9 months ago #522951 by Rokker
Replied by Rokker on topic Sick of the rain
Yep same here. Like Stikki, horse paddocks are getting quite a hammering. Just hoping there will be time for them to recover when the horses finish their breaks there and move to the new paddocks before having to return there. Cattle paddocks have formed some mini-lakes as well as the drainage hollows full of water. Only leave them on the paddocks for 4-5 hours during the day then have to stand them off. Plenty of grass ahead of them at the moment so long as the rain doesn't flood more land.

Do NOT cross this paddock! ... Unless you can do it in 9 seconds, 'cos the bull can do it in 10!

More
7 years 9 months ago #522968 by Hawkspur
Replied by Hawkspur on topic Sick of the rain
We could do with a lot more rain so send it here in bursts preferably at night! The creek is back to summer levels after a brief bit of high flow, and the ground water is not recharged.
Some of the orchard trees have only just decided that it is time to lose their leaves, and some are unconvinced. The almond seems to be budding before it even has its leaves change colour.

Today is a useless weather day. No rain, no sun, no wind. Just lots of low thick annoying cloud making the generator have to work. Not even a view to look at. I suppose that means no need to water though...

More
7 years 9 months ago #522969 by RichardW
Replied by RichardW on topic Sick of the rain
Still waiting for a good soil soaker here, the top 10cm are damp but under that is still bone dry

Running superfine Merino's for 15 years drench free and seed grower, sold through www.sentinelsgroup.co.nz/

Inventor of Watson multishears www.watsonmultishears.co.nz

More
7 years 9 months ago #522972 by Rokker
Replied by Rokker on topic Sick of the rain

Hawkspur wrote: We could do with a lot more rain so send it here in bursts preferably at night! The creek is back to summer levels after a brief bit of high flow, and the ground water is not recharged..

RichardW wrote: Still waiting for a good soil soaker here, the top 10cm are damp but under that is still bone dry

Tell you what. We'll pipe our excess water to you South Islanders free of charge in return for you piping free electricity to us! Deal?

Do NOT cross this paddock! ... Unless you can do it in 9 seconds, 'cos the bull can do it in 10!

More
7 years 9 months ago #522975 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic Sick of the rain

RichardW wrote: Still waiting for a good soil soaker here, the top 10cm are damp but under that is still bone dry

I'd email you a scandalous amount, but I fear there could be a leak! :whistle:

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
7 years 9 months ago #522976 by Cigar
Replied by Cigar on topic Sick of the rain
I was happy to see the rain when this thread started, we definitely needed the 74mm we had up to Friday.

But I'm definitely over it now, another 30mm this weekend was overdoing it. I had planned to collect some hay today but it's not the weather for that!

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds