Help with water troughs

More
8 years 3 months ago #518823 by Ruth
Replied by Ruth on topic Help with water troughs
Care to share the details of the great idea?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #518826 by kindajojo
Replied by kindajojo on topic Help with water troughs
I go with the cooking oil, buy cheap sunflower oil and a cup in the trough will spread out over the surface making it hard for the mossies to breath, it's also good for cows and a slug on the hay is good as well....

More
8 years 3 months ago #518842 by Kiwi303
Replied by Kiwi303 on topic Help with water troughs
A little vegetable oil means the mosquito larvae can't poke their breathing tubes through the barrier... and drown.

on the other hand, that means you suddenly are drinking decomposing mosquito larvae...

Swings and roundabouts... how strong is your immune system?

excuse the multiple edits......half a litire of vodka makes a significant difference in understand ability.... hic....

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
8 years 3 months ago #518843 by Kiwi303
Replied by Kiwi303 on topic Help with water troughs
the last time we used a 2000 litre stainless steel used milk vat as a temporary water tank while the permanent 30000 litre concrete plaster over chicken wire tank was being constructed.... the oil on the surface emulsified and we ended up being rather pre-disposed to immune stress... visitors got the travellers trots, delhi belly, roman groanin'... while we soldiered on knowing no better...

this was while the accessories were under construction after moving the house form the outskirts of Hamilton (we were in the boundary, and got Pizzia delivery, the neighbuor across the road was in Waipa, and got no Pizza) to the borders of Kawhia Harbour (where the neighbour, like Us, was in Maniapoto, Otorohanga. No Pizza delivery) (No KFC Either...)

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
8 years 3 months ago #518882 by Devon Dumpling
How about a couple of goldfish? They sort out my troughs for me - I hate mosquitos.

Hopefully there isn't some thread about how bad goldfish are in troughs?...

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds