[NZ Lifestyle Block] FACEBOOK

More
8 years 9 months ago #40062 by red2140
Two times when listing stock for sale on that forum which is not affiliated with this lifestyle block, I have had people sabotaging my listings, by being rude and insisting my price is way over the top. I contacted one admin and asked her to remove those comments and she said she would have to check with the other admin. I had stated this was the second time this has happened and only on THAT forum. Anyway PM back and forth as she wouldn't remove the comments I deleted the listing and re did it with a statement to the fact no rude or nasty comments or I would contact admin to have them removed and if they don't like it they don't have to lok at the ad and if they had a problem they could PM me. To make a long story short this 1st admit blocked me from the group and also blocked me from replying to our previous conversation, seems that group is in support of the sabateurs not the ad listing people. I wasn't even given the chance to contact the other admin since this so called admin who couldn't delete the comments but could find it to block me. I don't believe some people, she even admitted there were a lot of jerks out there yet "I" am treated unfairly. I explained I have always sold my lambs at price listed and if people didn't like the price they wouldn't buy. That was 5 days ago and no way to contact them to get this fixed. I feel like reporting all the sabateurs to facebook as I sill have the emails with their comments and names

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #510995 by Stikkibeek
Is the facebook page connected with the magazine in any way? If so, you could try that way, other wise, Name and shame, I have no time for bullies and it's time to fight back. Our society from schools upwards is full of them.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #510996 by red2140

Stikkibeek;517993 wrote: Is the facebook page connected with the magazine in any way? If so, you could try that way, other wise, Name and shame, I have no time for bullies and it's time to fight back. Our society from schools upwards is full of them.


NOt as far as I know, it is a group for buying and selling stock. when I did a search ONY nz lifestyle block Magazine came up, because I am blocked it wont show me the site anymore, and as it is a closed group as far as I remember you have to be approved to join before you can see the timeline

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #510999 by WillEyre

red2140;517992 wrote: Two times when listing stock for sale on that forum which is not affiliated with this lifestyle block, I have had people sabotaging my listings, by being rude and insisting my price is way over the top. I contacted one admin and asked her to remove those comments and she said she would have to check with the other admin. I had stated this was the second time this has happened and only on THAT forum. Anyway PM back and forth as she wouldn't remove the comments I deleted the listing and re did it with a statement to the fact no rude or nasty comments or I would contact admin to have them removed and if they don't like it they don't have to lok at the ad and if they had a problem they could PM me. To make a long story short this 1st admit blocked me from the group and also blocked me from replying to our previous conversation, seems that group is in support of the sabateurs not the ad listing people. I wasn't even given the chance to contact the other admin since this so called admin who couldn't delete the comments but could find it to block me. I don't believe some people, she even admitted there were a lot of jerks out there yet "I" am treated unfairly. I explained I have always sold my lambs at price listed and if people didn't like the price they wouldn't buy. That was 5 days ago and no way to contact them to get this fixed. I feel like reporting all the sabateurs to facebook as I sill have the emails with their comments and names

Sorry to be the one to point this out to you, but regrettably, this is the ethos of the internet.
By allowing users to be essentially anonymous, even ordinarily timid people can reveal their darker side with impunity. Because they aren't required to actually confront anyone face to face and there is no accountability, they can be as crude and ignorant as they choose.
In other words, if you post something into a public forum you just have to accept that sometimes you may just attract some pernicious comment. Unfortunately that's how it's always been since the general public were given free access to the internet and it's hard to see it ever changing. (Kids growing up nowadays believe it's the norm.) Although it's a wonderful tool it's also an anarchic forum for all sorts of fantasies and frustrations to be played-out.
You say your listings are being 'sabotaged' by people 'being rude and insisting your price is way over the top';
I cannot see how patently ignorant comments would sabotage anything. Possibly, what they're saying might even have some validity. It could be viewed as unsophisticated 'negotiation' or 'haggling'.
Even if they're dead wrong, and you are indeed being unfairly abused, the majority of people who are genuinely interested in what you're offering probably won't be frightened off by the impudence of a few.
Finally, I don't think 'threats' to report rudeness is a good idea at all. This quite likely to have the 'red rag to the bull' effect.

I liked Occam's Razor so much, I bought the company.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #511000 by red2140

WillEyre;517998 wrote: Sorry to be the one to point this out to you, but regrettably, this is the ethos of the internet.
By allowing users to be essentially anonymous, even ordinarily timid people can reveal their darker side with impunity. Because they aren't required to actually confront anyone face to face and there is no accountability, they can be as crude and ignorant as they choose.
In other words, if you post something into a public forum you just have to accept that sometimes you may just attract some pernicious comment. Unfortunately that's how it's always been since the general public were given free access to the internet and it's hard to see it ever changing. (Kids growing up nowadays believe it's the norm.) Although it's a wonderful tool it's also an anarchic forum for all sorts of fantasies and frustrations to be played-out.
You say your listings are being 'sabotaged' by people 'being rude and insisting your price is way over the top';
I cannot see how patently ignorant comments would sabotage anything. Possibly, what they're saying might even have some validity. It could be viewed as unsophisticated 'negotiation' or 'haggling'.
Even if they're dead wrong, and you are indeed being unfairly abused, the majority of people who are genuinely interested in what you're offering probably won't be frightened off by the impudence of a few.
Finally, I don't think 'threats' to report rudeness is a good idea at all. This quite likely to have the 'red rag to the bull' effect.

Thanks for that, yes there are all types that will do this. It only happens to me on that particular forum, and they last did that there were several people calling me all-sorts, but also had a couple of people who said my price was not unreasonable, but it also got me numerous offers if I gave to them for free, go figure. I have a thick skin, I am just pissed that one of the admins was to lazy to get off her back side and get the other admin to contact me and then remove me from the group as if I was the one who was being naughty. I have no problem with these jerks PM' ing me rather than ruin my listing but all under the bridge now as they have banned me. Its pretty bad when you cant even do a listing without someone hiding behind a screen like you said, anonamously, they must feel like they are real smart. LOL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #511061 by manymules
Hang in there, Red. They are still good pages to advertise in. People DO look at these pages for particular items or critters. Sensible, intelligent (and literate) people look past all the bullshit. That's all it is. Irrelevant rubbish. Just smile the same sweet condescending smile that I do. If the anonymous public wish to show themselves in such an unpleasant light then there is little that will stop them, but THEY are the ones showing themselves up as shallow, empty cretins. I refuse to stoop to their childish level of name calling, and in all honesty, by playing their game, it just encourages them more. Sad bastards. For those that buy and sell regularly then they will know a fair asking price. The Admins of these sites sometimes do kick members out and block them, sometimes they don't. It is disappointing to hear that Admin kicked YOU out instead. In the meantime try joining your local lifestyle block page. For example, I am a member on Northland Lifestyle Block. Not as far reaching, but hopefully provides you with the audience you need....locally. SMILE. You're better than them. :D

Learning a little bit every day. Loving life. [:D]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #511062 by manymules
Re the ones PMing you. Block them. Solves the problem....despite the GRRRRRRRR sensation in your gut when you read what they write. You can at least prevent them contacting you a second time. They clearly won't be future customers so no big deal.

Learning a little bit every day. Loving life. [:D]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #511064 by muri
Replied by muri on topic [NZ Lifestyle Block] FACEBOOK
I think if you dont like the medium, dont use it.
I often see people who upset about comments made on FB. Just dont use it, end of the problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #511067 by red2140
Don't get me wrong, I don't really care what twats like that think, its just them ruining my sales by constantly putting their garbage and name calling in. Again its ONLY that particular forum, but it was also the one forum I have sold heaps and usually whatever I sold on it sold within a couple of days, BEFORE the jackasses got involved. I haven't been able to find another for our area, but if I do find one I will join and if accepted will go thru the members and make sure these nasty trolls aren't there BEFORE listing anything. And YES it is the fact that so-called 2nd admin kicked me off and blocked me, not giving me the right to defend myself and ask WHY the nasties were preferred over me on a listing. Bullies should have been kicked off not me, I did nothing wrong but I am the one that gets punished, but what goes around comes around, youALWAYS reap what you sow they say LOL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #511080 by muri
Replied by muri on topic [NZ Lifestyle Block] FACEBOOK
Just walk away from it, end of story

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #511282 by footinmouth
I saw your posts, thought you want too much and moved on. No point trying to sell lambs at a premium Auckland pet market price in the middle of sheep country. A number of people said your price was too high and you actively objected. Six sides to every story.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #511299 by red2140
I wouldn't call that a premium personally. I have been doing this for 14 years and always sold the cross breeds for $60, and never had any complaints. In fact I have people on my waiting list for dorper ewe orphan lambs knowing the price and still wanting them at $150. Unfortunately its been a ram year. I usually sell on trade me and within 2 days of listing they are sold. People will only pay what they feel comfortable with. Nobody forces people to pay, and I have seen on trade me lately lambs from $40-$50 in the south island and up to $90 in the north island, and they too are selling. Thanks for your input though :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #511316 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic [NZ Lifestyle Block] FACEBOOK
Slightly OTT - A closed forum that I was a member of had been having issues in recent weeks with animal welfare extremists copying threads including photos and names and transferring them to another forum, whilst distorting the content of the discussion to make it appear the animal had suffered cruelty at the hands of the poster.

Members of the closed forum had been made aware this was going on.

Last night on the forum a thread was started by someone new and not active in the group which was so odd in the phrasing of the question and I asked them why they were posting the question. I was called out for being rude.

Immediately 4 other ''new'' members with little to no background relevance jumped on board and had a ''go'' too so I referred the thread to admin who let the post run until I was told to F... off by one of the posters. My mistake was asking how was I being rude? It was a genuine question.

My point being is the written word can be taken so many ways. Sometimes people have language difficulties too and for those reading forums, we need to keep in mind the person posting might be coming from an angle we haven't considered. I sometimes get frustrated with the questions asked on TM when my daughter sells her roosters, but then her target audience usually doesn't have english as their home language.

Social media has increased stress in our lives and basically I have found if the site doesn't appear to be in your best interests or clashes, then its time to get out and find another one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds