horse grazing.. northland

More
8 years 10 months ago #40040 by stephclark
hiya..

does anyone have a guide on the cost of horse grazing in whangarei?..

I have been asked if I can take a horse for a couple of months ( yes ).. just have no idea how much to ask..

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #510811 by RaeM1
Replied by RaeM1 on topic horse grazing.. northland
Make sure you draw up a contract so that if you need to get rid of the horse/s then you have the means to do that with, I think that if you go onto trademe community, vibes, and Pets & animals, lots of folks on that forum will be able to give you a good idea of price. We graze Tb mares here in the Waikato, but get $10 Per day for each horse, but up there, you may be lucky to get $45 a week. The most important thing is a contract, where if you get landed with horse/s you have the right to sell them off if they are left on your property and the owners have vanished into the sunset? Also in the contract you can state what type of horse, eg, geldings, Mares, NO STALLIONs, and the requirements for feeding their horses, and picking up the horse manure, what sheds they can use for their stuff (no responsibility held on your behalf) I think that put something on the trademe thread, and see what comes from that. good luck,

More
8 years 10 months ago #510814 by stephclark
hi raem..

this horse belongs to a friend of mine and is worth a bleeding fortune.. but she ( horse ) has separation issues and my friend is looking to move her away from the 2 others she is attached to.. so a change of scene and new horses to look at is the thinking..

the horse will be checked and fed daily ( by owner )..come summer the plan is for her to take my mare and bring her back into work for me and I graze her young mare...so I don't want to over cook the grazing costs..emm

More
8 years 10 months ago #510816 by whinny
Replied by whinny on topic horse grazing.. northland
Often the amount depends on the facilities and location to town. I pay $25/week with some facilities here in rodney (approx. 5 mins from Silverdale) but that's because they are friends. Most grazing around here would be minimum $30/wk with no or basic facilities. Gets up to $60/wk + if great facilities etc.

Have a look on Trademe services, there are often ads for grazing available which will give you some comparisons :)

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds