A pleasant surprise from the insurance company

More
8 years 8 months ago #40011 by kai
As you know we flooded badly 7 weeks ago. 6 Garages flooded, the chest freezer did not learn to swim, feed gone, and a few other bits and bobs. They asked me to give approximate replacement values for the items. It was difficult to give exact values, they asked several more questions about the items. At first I thought they were being awkward and were delaying paying out, however they rang to say my figures were incorrect and their quotes were around $300 more than I had claimed for, so was I OK with them paying me more money? Also they are waiving the excess as we had cleared up a lot of things we were entitled to claimed.
So now all we are waiting for is for the carport floor to be laid.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #510516 by kate
Great news :D

Web Goddess

More
8 years 8 months ago #510523 by Deanna
Nice to hear a happy story.

25 acres, 1400 Blue Gums, Wiltshire sheep, 5 steers, 2 cows, ducks, chickens, bees, dog, cats, retired, 1 husband and 3 grandkids.

More
8 years 8 months ago #510525 by Hawkspur
That is good news. Is there any news regarding the likelihood of the flood happening again, or any Council works to reduce that ?

More
8 years 8 months ago #510526 by terralee
Awesome to hear of a good deal from Insurance company[^]
Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
8 years 8 months ago #510527 by kai

Hawkspur;517472 wrote: That is good news. Is there any news regarding the likelihood of the flood happening again, or any Council works to reduce that ?

There are some, but it really was a freak event. This place has never flooded like that since records began. It was because about half a metre of rain fell in 24hrs on the Tararuas, that amount of rain, even for the West coast is exceptional.

More
8 years 8 months ago #510528 by kernels
Hi Kai,

Seeing as it's a generally very positive story, would you mind telling us who you are insured with ? I've recently moved from AMI to FMG, so interested to hear who gave you such good service.

More
8 years 8 months ago #510543 by lisaeve
Nice! who's the insurance company?

17 Ha lifestyle property in Bay of Plenty... 7 Ha covenanted bush, remainder scrub, hills, and flat.

More
8 years 8 months ago #510611 by Castle Peak
That's great news, Kai :D

Hope you are back to normal with a new carport floor soon.

More
8 years 8 months ago #510616 by kai
FMG.
They also gave us the option of replacing the tar seal in the carport that got washed away with concrete, which although possibly the cheaper option, we prefer that option. It also has the advantage that it would not be able to be washed away if it ever did happen again. Still waiting for that to be done, but they were pretty quick to get people in to check the floors to see if the water had got high enough to effect the flooring (it hadn't) and they also sent builders round almost immediately after the assessor had been out to pull up some of the deck boards and clear vents to allow air to circulate to dry out underneath.

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds