White tail bite

More
8 years 9 months ago #510676 by Ruth
Replied by Ruth on topic White tail bite

muri;517597 wrote: ...The white tails are also apparently the only spiders, at least in NZ that can climb up glass.

No. The hunting spiders can climb anything and frequently do. ... Oh, I wonder if it counts how clean the glass is? My glass may possibly be rather more like "wall". Anyone want to come on a window-cleaning holiday?

Anakei;517599 wrote: Haha, who would leave a squashed spider on the ceiling for a year?

Ooops that would be me [:I]

Excellent; figured I probably wasn't completely alone in slovenliness. :D

tonic;517607 wrote: ... Apparently none of the bites that got really bad bought in a WT. ...

New business opportunity: selling WT Spiders! [;)]

manymules;517617 wrote: www.tepapa.govt.nz/ResearchAtTePapa/Enqu.../Pages/overview.aspx

I think it is the nursery something or rather spider that I regularly see on the ceilings and closely investigate thinking it might be a white tail. I guess it's the long body shape. Yep, those shiny black ones look nasty but it's only the white tails I happily squish. If others bother me (like the huntsmen - GULP(!!!) then I catch them in a glass and put them somewhere away from the house.

Must send Te Papa some better photos! I can spot a white-tail running across the dark floor from the other side of the room! They're really distinctive once you've identified them. They have a particular way of moving which is different from any other spider and they're obviously not an insect when on the move.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #510904 by tonic
Replied by tonic on topic White tail bite

Ruth;517631 wrote:
New business opportunity: selling WT Spiders! [;)]

[:0] :D

More
8 years 9 months ago #510905 by Ruth
Replied by Ruth on topic White tail bite
I've begun my breeding programme; see other thread. [}:)]

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds