Breeding Buck and Sheep Handler - Manawatu

More
9 years 2 months ago #39205 by 4MyStandys
Thought I'd kill two birds with one stone :)

1)

I'm in need of a breeding buck for our does, we've got 2 (Toggenberg and Saanan) and I'd like to head into the Nubian territory, but it's painfully hard to find a breeding buck.

Ideally I'd send the does to him, or have him here as a service buck only for a time, but if we have to buy then we have to buy.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I might start contacting folk? The various breed society pages I've found don't list breeders, and emails seem to be ignored.

2)

Having herniated ourselves for the final time trimming sheep feet, we're in the market for a sheep tipper.

Ideally it'd would be a "grab and flip" arrangement that puts them on their sides or backs so we can do their feet.

They're Wiltshires so they're whomping great critters, but there's no need to do dagging or crutching which seems to be what most of the handlers are designed for. The only thing we'd use if for would be foot trimming.

Manawatu location, but willing to look outside of the area for the right Buck or Tipper :-) Happy to buy new, but don't want a multiple thousand dollar unit designed for 10 000 sheep per hour...we've only got 15 :)

All suggestions followed up with gusto and enthusiasm.

Many thanks!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #502691 by Blueberry
i've pm'd you

[;)] Blueberry
treading lightly on mother earth

More
9 years 2 months ago #502711 by 2dogs
Have you seen/heard of a Sheep Chair?

Attached files
File Attachment:

More
9 years 2 months ago #502730 by spoook
Yes, we have heard of a sheep chair ............. here is our home made one. :D

Attached files
File Attachment:

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
9 years 2 months ago #502745 by 4MyStandys
Yes actually, I went googling and it was one of the first ones to pop up. Downside is you have to wrestle them into it, we're over wrestling these days ;-) but thank you for the suggestion!

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds