It's a bit dry

More
9 years 3 months ago #501458 by Ruth
Replied by Ruth on topic It's a bit dry

John M;507344 wrote: ...Anyone want a fully shed, Wiltshire ram lamb ? :)

John

Could you deliver? :D :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #501468 by kate
Replied by kate on topic It's a bit dry
I'm not complaining, I'm really not BUT we've had next to no rain for a couple of weeks despite showers being forecast almost daily but today, when we had arranged for the shearer to come out and shear one mob of goats......outside.....guess what happened in between him getting set up and shearing the first goat...go on, guess :( :( :(

On the bright side it's now been raining heavily for an hour. On the not so bright side, shearing has been re-booked for next week. In the shed.

Hope you all get some of this lovely rain too :D

Web Goddess

More
9 years 3 months ago #501471 by muri
Replied by muri on topic It's a bit dry
Kate, thats so classic.
I too booked the shearer last week to do the lambs, but alas I didnt have the pulling power that you have with the rain gods.
Bright sunny windy skies, very drying
No rain forecast for another week despite a long weekend.
I do feel sorry for people who follow met service in the hope of getting a reliable weather forecast. Gave up long ago on their forecasts

More
9 years 3 months ago #501472 by John M
Replied by John M on topic It's a bit dry

Ruth;507348 wrote: Could you deliver? :D :D

Absolutely!! [8D]

But you won't like the price [:0]

Breeding black Wiltshire shedding sheep.

Full shedding, easy care, good feet, easy lambing and good mothering is what it takes to make the breeding cut!

More
9 years 3 months ago #501479 by snokmz
Replied by snokmz on topic It's a bit dry
Here in Fairlie we are the driest I've ever seen. We've had no more than about 10 ml since Oct. The local man made lake Opuha they reckon will be empty in 3 weeks if no rain comes. All stock in good condition but I have pregnant and also lactating alpaca that I've been feeding now for last 4 weeks

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
33 acres
70 Alpacas
10 Llamas
14 Pet Sheep
2 Cats
1 dog called tractor (Don't Ask)[:D]
www.gemalpacas.co.nz

and now also www.pacashack.co.nz

More
9 years 3 months ago #501491 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic It's a bit dry

John M;507344 wrote: Anyone want a fully shed, Wiltshire ram lamb ? :)
John

Hmm the stationwagon is a bit full [}:)]

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
9 years 3 months ago #501493 by morioka
Replied by morioka on topic It's a bit dry

John M;507344 wrote:

Anyone want a fully shed, Wiltshire ram lamb ? :)

John

Maybe Have pm'd you

More
9 years 2 months ago #501945 by kindajojo
Replied by kindajojo on topic It's a bit dry
10mm to 6 o'clock this morning....drizzly rain....this will be great if it continues for the next 24 hours, everything looking so much fresher. Just had the hay cut and baled on Friday....safely stored in the barn and the hay paddock should come back with this weather.

.......now just watch for FE and BP worm............

More
9 years 2 months ago #501947 by jsmum
Replied by jsmum on topic It's a bit dry
Yay! Some moisture! Just moved the cattle to the paddock I had saved so heaps of grass but this will help fill the tanks so I don't have the guilt of filling the troughs with town supply water

More
9 years 2 months ago #501948 by Deanna
Replied by Deanna on topic It's a bit dry
Little bit of rain here this morning in Dunsandel, but we are in for a 30C day so I suspect it will dry quick.

25 acres, 1400 Blue Gums, Wiltshire sheep, 5 steers, 2 cows, ducks, chickens, bees, dog, cats, retired, 1 husband and 3 grandkids.

More
9 years 2 months ago #501950 by Organix
Replied by Organix on topic It's a bit dry
Calm balmy night here for last night's Sting & Paul Simon concert at the Bowl of Brooklands and now 9mm here so far this morning - perfect timing :)

That equals our total rainfall for all of January, with a big dump on its way over the next day or two by the looks. The 6 week old ducklings are a little mystified about the airborne water :confused:

Edit: 6:00pm and 65mm so far today with some serious quantity forecast for the next 24 hours. Ground is sucking it up like a sponge, so far.

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

More
9 years 2 months ago #501951 by muri
Replied by muri on topic It's a bit dry

kindajojo;507886 wrote: 10mm to 6 o'clock this morning....drizzly rain....this will be great if it continues for the next 24 hours, everything looking so much fresher. Just had the hay cut and baled on Friday....safely stored in the barn and the hay paddock should come back with this weather.

.......now just watch for FE and BP worm............

Absolutely, mushrooms sprouting in the paddocks, a sure sign of FE.
Barbers pole in an 11 week old lamb.
We had 13.5mls for January out here at Muriwai.
9mls came in about 1 hour this week and put around 900litres into my tank off my 100m sq house. Thats a good amount of water for half an hours rain.
Not sure we are going to get more of the promised rain, doesnt look like much for auckland but at least its overcast and cloudy which is better than the searing heat and humidity

More
9 years 2 months ago #501957 by kai
Replied by kai on topic It's a bit dry
Although we didn't need it as much as the rest of the country (we still have nice green paddocks and lawns) but it has been raining steadily since 10am and I am rather pleased

More
9 years 2 months ago #501958 by Remrem
Replied by Remrem on topic It's a bit dry
We've been away for the weekend and currently driving through rain on the desert road hoping it got here via our place. We've been OK for feed - purposely overstocked in winter to feed baleage we had then destocked in the new year when prices were good. Bull has also just gone out on lease so we've only got 8 cattle on the place and enough feed for them but rain will always be wwlcome - nice not having to worry so much.

Farming on The Main Drag in the Rangitikei since Feb 2013

More
9 years 2 months ago #501959 by kai
Replied by kai on topic It's a bit dry
25mm and still raining.

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds