Happy New Year everyone

More
9 years 3 months ago #38957 by ZenLife
I dedicated last year to my Dad, Bruce Murray. I continue to notice how he loved us kids. What about you? Who or what would you like to dedicate last year to? Or next year to?

Cheers

Zen Life Far North

The Last Frontier

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #500421 by Mich
Replied by Mich on topic Happy New Year everyone
In a couple of words: Murphy and his bla&*ed law! [;)]

But I'm grateful to have come through the year with both of us safe and sound and not having suffered the loss of anyone dear to us, so am counting my blessings. Can't say the same for our pets, though. My old Kunekune girl, Mum, passed away earlier this month, leaving her daughter to make new friendships with the sheep until I can sort out another companion for her. I'm thinking that perhaps a castrated boar might work, so would appreciate any thoughts you might have on this. And our old Muscovy drake, Errol, departed within a couple of days of Mum pig. He was a gentle and inoffensive fellow (except when the 'urge' took him - he could be quite brutal to his women then...).

Hope that you all have a great New Year's eve and that 2015 brings only good things for each of you.

Cheers, Mich.

Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help someone up. Anon.

More
9 years 3 months ago #500434 by Ruth
Replied by Ruth on topic Happy New Year everyone
I'd dedicate 2014 to my worst enemy, upon whom I'd not have wished much of it.

More
9 years 3 months ago #500435 by kindajojo
Replied by kindajojo on topic Happy New Year everyone
Best wishes to all for 2015.....

More
9 years 3 months ago #500436 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Happy New Year everyone
The last few days have been a nightmare....with mum in hospital, very ill. Today we got in the hay (with help from Spoook & L and a bevy of helpxers) just before the rain set in. Not a great year all in all but we've made progress on the block and we're looking forward to 2015.

May 2015 bring you everything you wish for :D

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

More
9 years 3 months ago #500444 by ZenLife
Replied by ZenLife on topic Happy New Year everyone
Hang in there it will turn around

Just remember

The miracle is not getting knocked down

It is getting back up again

More
9 years 3 months ago #500449 by Ruth
Replied by Ruth on topic Happy New Year everyone
An almost perfect start to the year here: 22mm rain last night on some lime I had carted in on the 30th and now it's warm and sunny and there's a tractor to mow the Parsley Dropwort down ...

The only worry is my favourite cow's hopefully insignificant mating injury during her dalliance with the bull overnight. Such things probably happen more often than we know and are not seen. Just a little blood at the wrong time.

More
9 years 3 months ago #500489 by ZenLife
Replied by ZenLife on topic Happy New Year everyone
Bliss I see in diggers valley

We got a bit of that rain here and it was welcome here too as it's helping along the grass grow in the top soil we rolled into the cuts from eRthmoving. Got the hammock out yesterday and fell asleep in the breeze

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds