Bad things happen in threes?

More
9 years 5 months ago #499867 by Ruth
Replied by Ruth on topic Bad things happen in threes?
What the hell has gone wrong with the Quote function???? [:(!]

If you look at English place names you will see the numbers one two and three used, but never four or five.

Now there's a challenge ...

Look up Fibonacci's numbers and you will see I am right. It's the mystery of life itself! :rolleyes:

God no, too busy drinking.

But by crikey, someone is chucking some crap our way. And it ain't in threes. [}:)]

We could meet for a support group except our vehicles would probably break down, be stolen or catch fire on the way. :D What happened with your cow? I can't even find the thread now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #499868 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Bad things happen in threes?

Ruth;505585 wrote: What the hell has gone wrong with the Quote function???? [:(!]
Now there's a challenge ...

God no, too busy drinking.
We could meet for a support group except our vehicles would probably break down, be stolen or catch fire on the way. :D

Most certainly!!!

I forgot another thing. The shed break in - January 2014. $5500 replacement cost of Hubby's tools. February advised by police it was our neighbours young adult son and his (dis) trusty sidekick from the next road along. They know the tools are ''long gone'' but don't have enough evidence to charge them, but got them for other thefts in the area.

More
9 years 5 months ago #499888 by Sue
Replied by Sue on topic Bad things happen in threes?
My Mum always used to say you have a year of bad luck if you don't stay up till midnight and see the New Year in!
Perhaps that's the problem Ruth?!

Sue
Labrador lover for yonks, breeder of pedigree Murray Grey cattle for almost as long, and passionate poultry person for more years than I care to count.

More
9 years 5 months ago #499889 by ZenLife
That's a shit year

Had one of those not long ago

Try and hide for a while

More
9 years 5 months ago #499890 by Ruth
Ha! I'd have been dead by now if that were true. [;)]

More
9 years 5 months ago #499893 by Stikkibeek

kai;505583 wrote: Stikkibeek, what is zero in Roman numerals????

It is not written as a number but is known as Nulla (latin for nothing) since it cannot be represented as can the numbers 1-10 (fingers of the hands) upon which the roman numerals were founded. You will find that maori has the same form of counting.
0 in our numbering system (Hindu-Arabic) is basically a place holder and has no value

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
9 years 5 months ago #500020 by SPKG
Replied by SPKG on topic Bad things happen in threes?
Break a match into 3 when the first event happens and throw it over your shoulder.....everything happens in 3's...trust me, I have boxes of matches everywhere.

More
9 years 5 months ago #500021 by Ruth

SPKG;505753 wrote: .....everything happens in 3's...trust me, I have boxes of matches everywhere.

Sounds like it doesn't work well then, if you've proved that many times! Presumably some of the threes involve injuries to bare feet with small splinters of wood? :D

More
9 years 5 months ago #500073 by Muz1
Replied by Muz1 on topic Bad things happen in threes?
If good things are happening between the bad you must be having a lot of good as well???

Everything Must be Somewhere

More
9 years 5 months ago #500084 by Ruth

Muz1;505809 wrote: If good things are happening between the bad you must be having a lot of good as well???

That is an excellent point. Thank you! :D

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds