Paradise Ducks

More
9 years 4 months ago #38805 by diggs
Paradise Ducks was created by diggs
How to get them off the property.
What with Mum, Dad & 7 chicks the manure is mounting, I want them gone.

Kapiti

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #498956 by Kilmoon
Replied by Kilmoon on topic Paradise Ducks
Every time you see or hear them .....go disturb them, clap hands if flying over, throw handy pine cones, sticks etc when they have landed (just remember to get cones off the house roof so they don't block gutters). Chase them off with the ducklings, ie deliberately be a predator, ignore the parents go for the ducklings....I've got to handle many a duckling that way. For some reason we no longer have ducks of any sort 'enjoy' our dam :D . Ohh, encourage pukekos.

Shoot near them, and then during shooting season find a local to cull them. Though, and you'll have to check, I think you can actually kill problem ducks as long as you leave them where they lie. Check with Fish and Game.

More
9 years 4 months ago #498960 by Farmersden
Replied by Farmersden on topic Paradise Ducks
I am getting really good at slingshot..not to kill them but to discourage them, works with pukekos too, the ones around here fly really well !!!

More
9 years 4 months ago #499044 by diggs
Replied by diggs on topic Paradise Ducks
Thanks Kilmoon , worked a treat.

Kapiti

More
9 years 4 months ago #499047 by red2140
Replied by red2140 on topic Paradise Ducks
We have the same problem. Hubby put in a new crop and they are there eating all the new crop, unfortunately it is a long way from the house and being disabled I am unable to keep going there to shoo them off. Hubby does in the morning and evening when he is home but they are back in no time at all. He is so upset spending all that money spraying/getting a contractor in to drill it and spraying again

More
9 years 4 months ago #499060 by footinmouth
Replied by footinmouth on topic Paradise Ducks
We have a pair who for some reason like to sun themselves on the back door step. If I hear them I quietly go around and fire a a couple of rounds from a shotgun in the air. I have only had to do it a couple of times to discourage them.

More
9 years 4 months ago #499065 by Kilmoon
Replied by Kilmoon on topic Paradise Ducks

Thanks Kilmoon , worked a treat.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds