Conventional bales, Swannanoa

More
9 years 4 months ago #38740 by Trace
Hey you other good North Canterbury folk, do you know of a hay contractor that does conventional bales still? Our fab neighbour has always done ours but this summer is only doing the big square bales. If we get really stuck that's what we'll end up with, and apparently we'll use the winch on the four wheel drive to get them on the trailer to feed out[:0]. I think I'd rather do the little bales than that :D

We have phoned someone who advertised in the local paper but they haven't turned up to have a look, so not sure how reliable they'll be when they are needed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #498330 by X-Toma
Steve Brown is based in Oxford and makes conventional bales. He's a member here also. Here is a link to his FB page

www.facebook.com/SteveBrownRuralContracting

More
9 years 4 months ago #498335 by Trace
Replied by Trace on topic Conventional bales, Swannanoa
Thanks. I had contacted Steve a couple of years ago through here. He wondered if we could find someone a bit closer to us which we did....our neighbour. There are a couple in today's paper so I'll try giving them a call.

More
9 years 4 months ago #498348 by LongRidge
I've used big cubes before, loading them a biscuit at a time onto the ATV trailer. A big square biscuit is about 1/2 a small bale. The big problem is getting them stacked into the hayshed. With little bales, they can be stacked hard against all walls. But big ones vary in size and weight depending on the machine (Freeman's are bigger than 8ft x 4ft x 3 1/2ft), so often there is space at the side and top of the stack.

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds