LSB Expo....April 2015

More
9 years 7 months ago #496687 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic LSB Expo....April 2015
Home butchery demos. Preserving demos. NAIT. The mob that does the TB testing.... Grass/seed merchants. Bulk fertiliser merchants.

Also living examples of weeds, a picture is one thing but seeing them for real is another. a couple of the LSBr's I know think they have a delightful paddock of grass when its not....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #496708 by Inger
Replied by Inger on topic LSB Expo....April 2015
As I'm organising the Rare Breeds portion of Kate's stand, I like to ask for people with rare breeds of sheep to put their hands up and bring along an example of the breed. A ewe and lambs, always go down well, but a ewe and a ram looks good too. I can bring the info that suits the breeds, coming to the show, so you only have to bring the animals. :) I promise to look after them well. :)

45 hectares between Whangarei and Paparoa. Registered Dexter cattle, Wiltshire sheep - black, white & pied.
New Hampshire Red poultry & Dorking poultry. Pilgrim Geese, Appleyard Ducks.
A cat called Pusscat and still looking for another heading dog.

More
9 years 7 months ago #496725 by Negodil
Replied by Negodil on topic LSB Expo....April 2015

Kate;502024 wrote: Thanks everyone :D

As Ashlee said, there will be plenty of alpacas at the show, not in our Expo but in the next hall.

Show dates are 10th-12th April. Any advice will be very gratefully received as I've never organised a show before so am having nightmares about all the things I haven't even thought about...or don't know I need to do [B)]

Keep the suggestions coming....

Sorry Kate and Ashlee, I misread the original post and didn't realise the Expo was at the Waikato show.

If the idea of the Expo is to show people what lifestyling is about, having practical demonstrations and lots of lifestylers on hand to talk to those who are interested could be important.

Fairhaven Alpacas, breeding champion Suri alpaca in Temuka

More
9 years 7 months ago #496845 by Inger
Replied by Inger on topic LSB Expo....April 2015
If anyone wants to bring along their Dexter house cow and do milking demonstrations, that would be cool. :) Hand milking and machine milking would be good. Their are some great single unit machines around now.

We could have goat and dairy sheep milking demos too. :)

45 hectares between Whangarei and Paparoa. Registered Dexter cattle, Wiltshire sheep - black, white & pied.
New Hampshire Red poultry & Dorking poultry. Pilgrim Geese, Appleyard Ducks.
A cat called Pusscat and still looking for another heading dog.

More
9 years 7 months ago #496849 by Crystika
Replied by Crystika on topic LSB Expo....April 2015
I was just thinking about my East Friesian milking sheep. I would love to show them off being milked. But too far to travel :( I could so easily show hand milking and machine milking. Though that is also something I would like to see someone else demonstrate so I can ask questions etc to see if I'm doing as well as I think I am [8D]

More
9 years 7 months ago #496854 by RichardW
Replied by RichardW on topic LSB Expo....April 2015
Well i'm certainly keen on been a stall holder there,i'll be watching this thread with interest.

Running superfine Merino's for 15 years drench free and seed grower, sold through www.sentinelsgroup.co.nz/

Inventor of Watson multishears www.watsonmultishears.co.nz

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds