Rooster processing

More
9 years 6 months ago #38325 by Livingstone
I saw a previous thread about this which didn't get a successful response, but I'm going to try again. I am in the Wairarapa and have an overflow of roosters at the moment - having huge ratio of roosters to hens in my new chicks. I need to get rid of the majority of the adults that I already have. I am an ex-vegetarian and there is NO way I can despatch them myself - yes, I am a total coward. Is there anyone in the Wairarapa who would do this and then process them for meat? Here's hoping ....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #494282 by ahdeek
Replied by ahdeek on topic Rooster processing
I know no one in your area, but if you want them gone, your best bet would be to talk to local Indian community - lots of Indian people like to do their own. Up here i got one person that i call and he out the next day taking all the roosters i do not want.

More
9 years 6 months ago #494286 by Farmersden
Replied by Farmersden on topic Rooster processing
I have a friend who had the same problem last year, she advertised on TM at $1 each and got a really good response, local lady will now come along and take any extra roosters she has... :-)

More
9 years 6 months ago #494288 by eelcat
Replied by eelcat on topic Rooster processing
Agree. Someone on the kapiti coast buys them to eat. Someone in the Wairarapa was processing them but I don't know if they are still doing it.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds