Horse people of Northland

More
9 years 7 months ago #38278 by stephclark
Hi

we are moving to a block (30acres ) in Mangapai mid way thru Oct...

am hoping to find somewhere to leave a couple of horses for 3-4 weeks from the 2nd oct..

I need to get some fencing sorted before putting the horses on the new place, or I will never see them again [;)]..

another option would be to find a knowledgeable good horse person to 'bring in' one of the horses after winter spell.. ie lunge and start off again, so I can continue whilst the round pen is being sorted ...

any good contacts?..

gosh.. its scary moving to a new area.. I am going to have to chuck out my entire phone book and start again...

thanks for any thoughts...

cheers
steph

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #493805 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Horse people of Northland
Hi Steph

If you don't have any better options you're welcome to leave your horses here, we have plenty of room and good fencing. It's not great horse country, clay and quite steep but there's space for a couple of horses.

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

More
9 years 7 months ago #493806 by stephclark
thanks you so much Kate.. will keep in mind.. and thanks for the welcome to civilisation!..i completely understand the blotting out of the build process [;)] I haven't started and am wishing it would go away already...

will be planning a big hooley once settled to meet everyone and, essentially, to give me something to look forward to once the contractors have left

More
9 years 7 months ago #493819 by GloPony
Replied by GloPony on topic Horse people of Northland
I'm a bit further south of you at Paparoa but I know a few horse people in Mangapai who can probably help you with contacts. Are you on Facebook? There is a Northland group on there which would be helpful to you, to network with; search 'Horsey Freak Club'.

More
9 years 7 months ago #493823 by stephclark
thanks glopony.. no I am not on facebook .. if you know someone.. plse pm me
cheers

More
9 years 7 months ago #493828 by sundaysbest
I know a couple of people in Mangapai... I will message, will post up if I hear of anything, might be worth joining FB and searching Horsey Freak Club... they are a good bunch and all local to your new area :) Good luck with the move :)

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds