Timms Traps - replacement parts

More
9 years 8 months ago #38140 by Georgeboy
Does anyone know where I can get replacement parts for my Timms traps? we are under attack from the forest behind us which is being logged and they are going for the lemons!! Unfortunatly my traps which have been outside for some time are rusted especially the bar which goes across to hold the pull string. Serches on the net have come up blank so far.:confused:

2x white Galloway steers, 6 Hens, 3 x Rhodesian Ridgebacks, 1x Boarder Collie and 2 x Cats.......500 Possums!:rolleyes:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #492415 by Ruth
I suspect, being a lightweight and relatively cheap trap, that you might just have to buy the whole thing. - Advice from the contract trapper, now he's reappeared in the house, is that you can get bits, but you'll have to get hold of whomever makes them. I think Connovation sells them, so they may be a place to start?

By the way, hopefully nobody here does this, but all the people we've met with Timms set them off for re-baiting by kicking them, or pulling the bait bar forward with a stick. Over time that will cause them to break down and fail. Always let them off by holding the string, so they don't go BANG with nothing in them.

More
9 years 8 months ago #492443 by 3 girls farming
You could always try the inventor.. he lives at the bottom of my hill. If you'd like the details PM me and I'll get his phone number. His name, of course, is Tim... !!

More
9 years 8 months ago #492450 by Ruth
Name dropper! [}:)]

More
9 years 8 months ago #492452 by Georgeboy
Thanks Ruth, had a look at Connovation, they only had new full units (no parts), I prefer to fix/repair things as much as I can and at $50 + p&p each, the new ones are not cheap!

2x white Galloway steers, 6 Hens, 3 x Rhodesian Ridgebacks, 1x Boarder Collie and 2 x Cats.......500 Possums!:rolleyes:

More
9 years 8 months ago #492453 by Georgeboy
Thank you Girls! that would be great, at least he will know where I can get some parts!

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds