HELP! Stock Trucks Needed URGENTLY!

More
9 years 11 months ago #37597 by GloPony
HELP! Does anyone have a single deck stock truck (2 - 3 bay that will take 10-12 adult horses) that we can employ for the Kaimanawa muster next week?! Unfortunately, the muster has fallen around gypsy week & the carriers we had organised are now all unavailable. We have 2 days to get 80 horses out of the Waikato yards & into their homes (Waikato, Auckland, Northland) & only half the trucks we need, to do it. If have a truck or know of someone with a suitable truck, can you please message me ASAP?! You will be well paid!! We also need trucks around the rest of the North Island too so any suggestions will be gratefully received! This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #486935 by muri
What a nightmare,perhaps the weather will postpone it another week when the trucks will be freer?

More
9 years 11 months ago #486936 by Anne
Your link doesn't work. I'll e-mail you.

More
9 years 11 months ago #486938 by Kiwi303
Well, if you can round up a class 2 truck but no driver, I passed my Class 2 licence today on the first attempt.

If I haven't found a job by the time the muster rolls up I could be free to drive a driverless truck.

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
9 years 11 months ago #486939 by GloPony
Mmm, postponements are difficult when we have Army schedules, DoC schedules & trucking co. schedules to all tie in together. [B)]

The link is an email address, not a website which is what the forum seems to think it is. Just copy & paste. [;)]

Thanks kiwi303. You never know... you may be called upon... [^]

The biggest issue is that most stock truck companies have gone to the newer style, double decker trucks which we just can't use for horses. So availability is even more of an issue, even when it's not gypsy week! In this case though, when it is, we're absolutely up the proverbial creek with no paddles!

It doesn't help that our largest distribution yard, is booked straight after us so we need all of the horses gone & the yards cleaned up all by Friday midday! EVERYTHING is conspiring against us this year! [B)] :(

More
9 years 11 months ago #486947 by GloPony
Phew! That was quick! Looks like we may be under control again at this stage... crossing everything that everything pans out but we've miraculously found another 3 x trucks! [^] :D

We still need someone to transport one horse from Hawkes Bay to Matawai though (between Opotiki & Gisborne) so if anyone has a small stock truck that could manage that, I'd LOVE to hear from you!

More
9 years 11 months ago #486948 by Kiwi303
sounds like I won't be getting driving time and job references to put on my CV :P

I hope it all goes well for you

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
9 years 11 months ago #486955 by GloPony
Aaaww, sorry Kiwi303. If you can get a job with a livestock transport company that has lots of single deck, 3 x bay trucks that we can use come muster time in 2016, we'll give you an AMAZING reference!! :D :p :D

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds