Contact please for a Good Sheep Shearer?

More
10 years 1 month ago #37471 by Morgs
Hi All, we are proud new owners of some lovely but very wooly new 9 month old ewes, We are based in Coatesville and our 3 new girls need a good shear, we are first timer sheep owners and I'm unsure if it's too cold to shear them now as we don't have full cover for them at night? Also this is the first time they have been shorn so would like a shearer that is fairly gentle and doesn't get them too upset. Sounding rather protective I know. I have heard some bad stories re some Auckland shearers that's all. Any contacts? Thanks Emma

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #485832 by Stikkibeek
I think Mr. Clip operates in that area. Have a look in the yellow pages or under that name.
Don't know if they are franchises, but the guy that came and did ours was really good.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
10 years 1 month ago #485839 by muri
I have a friend use Mr Clip and she said never again. They might be franchised, i dont really know but she is in south auckland.
I have heard of Kevin Abel, recommended to me by a gotland owner in coatsville where he lives i think. His name is Kevin 021-233-5033 and he is supposed to be good.
If they are not in lamb, they dont need shearing, you cant shear in this weather we are having at the moment. They need protection from the combination of wind and rain for the first few days at least

More
10 years 1 month ago #485875 by spoook
Sorry but ditto re Mr Clip.
I have just who you are looking for [;)]......... pm me if you do not have anyone to shear yet.

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
7 years 10 months ago #523698 by Bowpeep
Hi there, I know this is a bit late but might need me this coming spring.
I'm a sheep shearer. Very experienced. I've travelled around the world shearing and work full time in the summer for large station farms.
I'm very respectful of your sheep as we have pet sheep too and love them.
I have a dog for mustering and equipment. If you need me let me know as I can only do it before mid October as that's when I start shearing all the large farms.
Would be good to organise to do the neighbours at the same time and halve your travelling cost (saves me time too).
027 3731587

More
7 years 10 months ago #523700 by Stikkibeek
Area you're prepared to cover would be good

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
7 years 10 months ago #523703 by Bowpeep
All of north Auckland including Rodney and south Auckland/Franklin area. Where are you?

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds