where to now.. looking for new home

More
10 years 1 week ago #486863 by muri

seatil;491153 wrote: If you've got lots of stuff in the house, it may pay to put excess stuff into a storage unit. Don't be afraid to put some furniture in there too if you have a lot of it around. The difference it made to our place was amazing!

Thats good advice for you Steph. When I last moved, i spend the first week just packing up everything we could do without. People like to come in and see an uncluttered house, it does make a huge difference. Even if you just box everything and put it in your shed, jumbo bin stuff you dont want [Mr Binz is quite cheap] but certainly having things tidy helps
Good luck

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 week ago #486866 by Aria
We filled a 2 ton skip bin in preparation for our move;

And we'd only been on that LSB for five years!

Despite that, we still managed two trailer loads in terms of the garage stuff that came with us;

So agree with others - do the clean asap and be ruthless :-).

Attached files
File Attachment:
File Attachment:

More
10 years 1 week ago #486906 by stephclark
well that's exactly what I did yesterday.. 7hours of declutter and jumbo filling.. had photos taken yesterday arvo..( gosh I don't even recognise the house .. it looks fab )
OH does a very good 'stop dead and look confused" so much of my time was spent getting him moving again.. at least with the pile of rubbish next to a jumbo bin, it wasn't too hard to figure out what needed to be done[;)]..
1 truck load and 1 bin on and still more to go.. groan

More
10 years 1 week ago #486910 by muri
I took the minimalist approach to living in my last move. You just get rid of everything you havent used in the last two years. I now get a jumbo bin each year [small] to get rid of what accumulates here, mainly childrens stuff.
To de-clutter is a great way to live and as I dont really shop except for things apart from food and a few sundries.
Having said that, with both sons overseas, and a barn full of their stuff, their friends and their girlfriends, by the time the one son removes his fire engine [the real thing], his tuk tuk in the barn and the horse float, and an entire shed full of stuff there would be quite a bit of room around here.
Getting rid of stuff in the house is an art but worth the annual spring clean to get rid of things not needed

More
10 years 1 week ago #486911 by stephclark
I, like you Muri, normally do the annual bin chuck out..just haven't for a couple of years now..
its amazing the rubbish one hangs onto .. I mean realy! how many pieces of baleing twine does one need to save?.. OH is one of those who hangs onto things 'just in case' ..hes in for a blerdy shock this move that's for sure.. the 5 mtr bin he filled yesterday was just from his office..

I am the opposite.. I don't collect, but I am a slob[:I] and think the best place for everything is on the floor.. not a good look, so now I am doing endless housework and actually putting things in draws and wardrobes..

I even made the bed before going to work at 6am this morning.. unheard of!

More
10 years 1 week ago #486912 by max2
I have trouble keeping on top of household chores too apart from the washing, but then I am rarely inside to do them. :0 There is just so much to do outside and our current project is fencing one part boundary with one neighbour.

What I do try and do though is have a recycling box near our back door for the empties and take that in each week when I shop. The household rubbish gets burnt a couple of times a week as I don't like having that about either.

My main problem though is getting the 16yo to part with some of her toys. Not the good quality ones, but things like Littlest pet shop stuff..... things that would be popular on TM to sell - she doesn't play with the collection and hasn't done so for a few years, but doesn't want to sell it either. I think she is a work in progress. :rolleyes:

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds