ANZAC day outing for ..........

More
9 years 11 months ago #485807 by stephclark
wow.. she is realy flying those jumps now.. what a confident duo..awesome progress for both.. everyone must be very pleased

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #485808 by stephclark
another wow.. just noted the new float.. very nice and very suitable for a great combo.. one just has to travel in style [;)]

More
9 years 11 months ago #485809 by terralee

stephclark;489989 wrote: wow.. she is realy flying those jumps now.. what a confident duo..awesome progress for both.. everyone must be very pleased

Just got a call from Jo ...she is on her way to the paddock ...meeting Vet there as Kazz looks to have colic :( ...one of her paddock friend just spent 3 nights at the Drury Vet facility as he had bad colic and was very sick :( cost mega $$$$ there like $250 a night just to stay not including any treatment[^] ...feeling quite sick for Kazz ..hope it is nothing :(

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
9 years 11 months ago #485811 by Stikkibeek
That's a big concern. Anything in the paddock that has been eaten by both horses? Pity you can no longer get "dutch drops" Excellent for colic.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
9 years 11 months ago #485814 by terralee

Stikkibeek;489993 wrote: That's a big concern. Anything in the paddock that has been eaten by both horses? Pity you can no longer get "dutch drops" Excellent for colic.

Vet has been ...given sedative and pain relief and parrafin ...Vet got some pooh out ..had poplar leaves in it[:0] ...Jo is staying in the paddock with Kazz so she does not eat anything and the Vet is coming back in 4 hours to see what is happening ...Jo will ring me if/when Kazz poos in the interim ...Lord I hope she comes right and fast ...poor wee Kazz (and Jo :( )

More
9 years 11 months ago #485816 by Stikkibeek
How interesting. Did the vet think the poplar leaves were the problem? Our horses (and goat) eat it all the time, seemingly with no ill effects. They might of course have had rust, or other fungus on them, or been wilted. I know oak can cause serious problems for horses. Seems unusual for leaf matter to go through relatively undigested though.
Thoughts are with you all.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
9 years 11 months ago #485819 by stephclark
oh leonie.. have everything crossed for you all.. you know where I am with colic ( it was the same time of year with my Hawk.. lush autumn growth we think ).. so realy hope she comes right and the cause is sorted..

More
9 years 11 months ago #485821 by muri
Gosh TL fingers crossed. She is a young horse, thats a better prognosis sometimes than for an older horse.
Is she keeping her moving, walking her around, and keep her warm. They can lose a lot of body heat with colic and in this wind
Keep us posted and we are all hoping for a good outcome.

More
9 years 11 months ago #485823 by terralee
Thanks for the support guys much appreciated ...Vet not sure what cause is but there were poplar leaves in the poo she removed also thinks she may be gutsing her hay and not chewing enough to digest it ...Jo said it is fairly dry ...vet said to wet it down from here on in.

Stikki ...Kazz has been with Jo in the same grazing since arriving in Auckland 3 years in Feb so I personally don't think that is poplar leave ..she grazes with 4 other horses ...my thoughts initially was the hay ....time passes very slow when you are waiting on a phone call with news :(

Steph ...I know and I know how you feel about colic :( ..me too :( ...I have lost two horses to it over the years the last was my precious Donna who was still feeding Kazzie at the time (Kazz was just 7 months old ) ..worked on Donna with the Vet for 3 days but to no avail ..I am currently terrified :(

Muri will keep you all posted when I get any news...hopefully good news about A BIG POOH. Jo was just sitting with her when she rang as Kazz was doped up but Vet told her to walk her when she woke up a bit ..she is well rugged and Jo will make sure she is kept warm.

More
9 years 11 months ago #485829 by terralee
Just to let you know ...Jo is on her way to the Veterinary Associates Equine Hospital in Drury with Kazz ...they are suppose to be the best ...so any Prayers for Kazz most appreciated :(

More
9 years 11 months ago #485837 by hogiehorse
Have just read about Kazz. Got everything crossed for her and she is certainly in the VERY BEST hands with Vet Associates.

Hogiehorse
Quit lifestyling in September 2005 after 20 years but still ardent fan of this forum

More
9 years 11 months ago #485838 by Trace
Everything crossed for Kazz. Certainly in good hands at that vet clinic.

More
9 years 11 months ago #485842 by terralee
Just a wee update ..Jo just rang from hospital ...Kazz has a temperature and still has not pooped she has an inflammed small bowel and is on intravenous AB's ...she has gas noise both sides now which is an improvement as she had no noise one side earlier ...poor Jo is tired and extremely worried as am I ,,,hospital monitors all through the night so she is definitely in the best possible place and they will ring Jo at 9 am to let her know what is going on ...they would ring before then if anything happens ...so that is where we are at for now ...hard to believe the pics I posted were only taken 4 days ago ... the hospital is $1000 a night !!! Jo has insurance which hopefully will cover some of the treatment ...
Thanks again for the support :) will post any updates as they come in.

More
9 years 11 months ago #485848 by Anne
Fingers and toes crossed for Kazz and Jo and you Leonie. Horses keep us on tenderhooks.

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds