Reseeding the lawn

More
10 years 2 months ago #37270 by suckerpunchnz
I'm about to begin reseeding my front lawn.
Does anyone have any tips or tricks?
Any recommendations on a good seed product to buy?

Thanks!
Phil.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #483850 by arnie.m
Replied by arnie.m on topic Reseeding the lawn
If you can hire a "Dethatcher" in your area or a lawn guy that will do it. Get it done. Now is a good time. Rake up the thatchings or pick up with the mower. Get a recommended seed for your area, rake it in to the grooves and keep watered.

(The new seed will come up rows, just tell your friends you are fussy looks great but took a long time to sow LOL)[}:)][}:)]

arnie
88 Valley
Nelson

More
10 years 2 months ago #483856 by suckerpunchnz
Replied by suckerpunchnz on topic Reseeding the lawn
lol thanks! Who would know what the recommended seed is for my area?

More
10 years 2 months ago #483869 by katieb
Replied by katieb on topic Reseeding the lawn

suckerpunchnz;487837 wrote: lol thanks! Who would know what the recommended seed is for my area?

A rural supply store will have one of their staff members who knows a lot about seeds(most stores train up each member of staff in one area more than the others) even though they mainly sell seeds for pasture they should know whats suitable for your lawn in their area...if not they can find out

Animals rule our place... cows, calves, sheep, goats, pigs, horses, donkeys, chickens, ducks... the list goes on
...."lifestyle block like" 25 or so acres around the house attached to a rather large farm with dairy drystock & a 600 cow dairy conversion :)....1500 acres to call home

More
10 years 2 months ago #484028 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic Reseeding the lawn
Go to Newton's seed in Onehunga (I don't have shares here, just acknowledging a very good firm) and the knowledgeable guy there will set you on the right path with the best seed mix for what you want. You can also get their brand through your local RD1 store. Don't waste your time with the stuff you buy from other outlets. I have found to my annoyance that a lot of that will not germinate.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds