Chicken Sexing

More
10 years 2 months ago #37131 by ravenseyes
Chicken Sexing was created by ravenseyes
First combination of my bantam rooster and one of the brown shaver chickens

I think there are 3 boys but what do y'all think? I think there are are two big white boys with fluffy legs one at end of row and one behind the mesh, a brown and white next to the white one.

many thanks

Attached files
File Attachment:
[IMG]http://app.lifestyleblock.co.nz/images/converted_files/486128=13755-peeps 2.jpg[/img]
File Attachment:

Brave Words. I've heard them before from thousands of species across thousands of worlds, since long before you were created, but now, they are all Borg.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #482296 by CEW79
Replied by CEW79 on topic Chicken Sexing
So what breed is your bantam rooster? Is he a Cochin? Because of the feathered feet? I've got some Silver Columbian Cochin chickens (not bantams tho). Had a lovely SCC roo that went over my Hylines and mainly ended up with white combinations with a little gold feathering in, but I'm hoping that they will end up as good meat birds for my roo chicks and good layers for my pullets. They were born October 13 and might start laying soon :-). All great fun.

More
10 years 2 months ago #482297 by CEW79
Oh by the way Silver Columbian Cochins look like Sussex just a bit bigger and feathered legs. They're lovely birds. :D and yes I'd agree with you as having three roos

More
10 years 2 months ago #482301 by ravenseyes
Replied by ravenseyes on topic Chicken Sexing
This is dad - I had no idea he might be a something. He was dumped in my friends gully and she managed to catch him and he came out to be with my chooks as we thought he was rather lovely and he is a good tempered little boy

Attached files
File Attachment:

Brave Words. I've heard them before from thousands of species across thousands of worlds, since long before you were created, but now, they are all Borg.

More
10 years 2 months ago #482307 by CEW79
He's probably a pekin bantam, not sure what sort but could have a bit of orpington. pic attached of a gold partridge pekin

Attached files
File Attachment:

More
10 years 2 months ago #482638 by Newbies
Replied by Newbies on topic Chicken Sexing
I agree that you've got 3 roos as well. Going by the last pic I think you've got roo-roo-pullet-pullet-roo.

[:D] 10 Hereford X Steers, 4 Ewes, Roger-The-Ram, 8 Hens, Foghorn Leghorn, Axle the Boxer, Duke the Mastiff X & 2 Moggies [:D]

More
10 years 2 months ago #482739 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic Chicken Sexing
You are lucky and appear to have a sex link breeding with those offspring. Any boys you breed with this cross will always have white in them and should be easy to tell as chicks when they will be pale coloured and yellowish. The girls will exhibit red/brown and as chicks will be darker; gingery. Easy to make the decision then to do away with boys you may not want, when they are chicks.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
10 years 2 months ago #482776 by kaybe
Replied by kaybe on topic Chicken Sexing
I think picture 2 is pullet, roo, roo, pullet, and I agree with newbie on the 3rd pic - roo, roo, pullet, pullet, roo.

Tomorrow is the day I will stop procrastinating.

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds