Rubbish fire :(

More
10 years 2 months ago #480787 by muri
Replied by muri on topic Rubbish fire :(
Here John, would you like to buy my fire truck, its for sale
You could use it to irrigate paddocks too if you fill the tank, its got quite a long hose.
Would love to reclaim my driveway again, it takes up a lot of space.
It goes well

Attached files [IMG]http://app.lifestyleblock.co.nz/images/converted_files/484468=13656-Fire engine no 2.jpg[/img]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #480792 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Rubbish fire :(
Accidents do happen. Our neighbours (agreeable to us) had a permit to light a fire last weekend and our local fire chief turned up with his pump and hoses.... all went well until the smoke started to get thicker by our cow shed and I went for a sticky beak to see why.

Hello, the other neighbours stump and other crap was burning away very well.... gave my visiting father a bit of excitement as he relayed messages between me (who was in hose holding position) my daughter for fetching extra hose and attachments from another barn, the neighbours plus our fire chief who was equally amazed as to where it had travelled. :)

All good though. Only a couple more piles to go.... :D

More
10 years 2 months ago #480864 by ccrk9
Replied by ccrk9 on topic Rubbish fire :(
We are on fire by permit only and to our delight we have RAIN!!! We are summer safe so no worries but hubby has been taking the fire extinguisher out while cutting a huge tree up for fire wood as the land the tree is on belongs to someone else so we don't want to be accidental arsonists. Last year 3 days before a total fire ban was lifted the big farmer neighbour over the river lit a fire one the riverbank to get rid of plastic rubbish - black smoke straight up!It could be seen for miles :-) Two fire brigades turned out. The senior rural fire officer here is a tough cookie and wont put up with that sort of thing, and goes after the culprits thru the courts.

The greatest fine art of the future will be the making of a comfortable
living from a small piece of land. ~ Abraham Lincoln ~

More
10 years 2 months ago #480870 by Aria
Replied by Aria on topic Rubbish fire :(
We finally got rain in Palmy North today - indeed long overdue.

More
10 years 2 months ago #480892 by jsmum
Replied by jsmum on topic Rubbish fire :(
Not that I'm skiting but I have heaps of feed in Friendly Feilding although this rain is welcome. I still can't see the sheep and am about to use the cows to knock down some strips so I can see them.
I downsized after last year's drought just in case but now I'm thinking an extra wether or 2 would be good for awhile then put them in the freezer.

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds