Is your land as dry as last summer?

More
10 years 2 months ago #480274 by Baroque
No and I wish it was as we are not keeping up with the grass growth at all!

The horses are all in grazing muzzles and I'm track and strip grazing them to try to keep them from foundering.

The sheep keep disappearing in the long grass and even the cattle are hardly making any headway on the grass. Might be time to get a topping mower me thinks!

Breeding & training quality Spanish horses - THE horse of Kings! Also breeding Arapawa & Pitt Island sheep.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #480298 by hilldweller

max2;483658 wrote: 15mm yesterday, quite a nice drop.

Really should have been done before christmas but Jim the weatherman kept lying to us. [;)] Third year running we lost that window of opportunity, not going to watch the weather on the news anymore when we want more exact details.

No it's probably not the best forecast for that purpose. Try metservice.com and metvuw.co.nz I find the latter the best for rainfall as the weather here is often different from that in the nearest main centre.

hilldweller

More
10 years 2 months ago #480300 by muri
Metvuw is laughable in its inaccuracy for this part of the world.
Since someone suggested on this site to go to no.yr I can get a forecast for my local town, either hour by hour for the next 24 hours or else over a 10 day period and broken into 4 parts of each day so you know which part of the day to expect rain if its coming.
The only thing to watch on the site is the wind as its measurement of one norwegian 'mil' or mile is equivalent to 10 kms as its a metric 'mile' So wind at 6m on the site actually means 60km

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds