Paradise ducks pooing in water trough

More
10 years 4 months ago #474959 by hilldweller
Would decoy ducks really work in a trough?

hilldweller

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #474961 by Ruth
Maybe a decoy shark.

More
10 years 4 months ago #474967 by kalnetta
Wish I could keep them off My newly sown paddock.They are making a mess of the plantain and chicory.

View Hill Oxford ,23 ewes 2 lambs ,1 ram,, 1cat,the 2 of us,6 granddaughters,one grandson,2 surrogate granddaughters and one step grandson,poor boy.

More
10 years 4 months ago #475069 by Inger
I use chicken netting to try and keep my ducks out of the trough, but have to have a shallow dip in the netting, so the sheep can get water. They're a real pain.

45 hectares between Whangarei and Paparoa. Registered Dexter cattle, Wiltshire sheep - black, white & pied.
New Hampshire Red poultry & Dorking poultry. Pilgrim Geese, Appleyard Ducks.
A cat called Pusscat and still looking for another heading dog.

More
10 years 1 month ago #482217 by Deanna
Well I went and cleaned out my troughs today, while the sun wasn't shining, (hot job) and have to say, I am impressed by the lack of growth in them now that I leave the lamb covers on, its been some months since I did it, and the water was clear, and the sides only had a dark thin algae on the sides, rather than lots of thick green algae on the sides and floating. Even the paddock that went unused for over 3 months due to compromised fences after the storm and fallen trees, which had the worst one, was not as bad as how they usually are with no covers.

25 acres, 1400 Blue Gums, Wiltshire sheep, 5 steers, 2 cows, ducks, chickens, bees, dog, cats, retired, 1 husband and 3 grandkids.

More
10 years 1 month ago #482596 by manymules
I love your covers and will try the same but with the extra bits on the underside as someone suggested. Since adding 6 ducks to my brood I can't get over how much water I'm having to change. Great idea.

Learning a little bit every day. Loving life. [:D]

More
10 years 1 month ago #482607 by Deanna
Because they are subject to so much weather I feel the less joins and parts the better. We just have a little chargeable drill, that actually came free with a nail gun, that I take with me in my pocket, and reverse the screws out, done in less than 30 seconds and then replace after cleaning. We are going to paint the boards to help with weathering shortly. I just couldn't get over how much cleaner the troughs were and no floating growing green slime at all. And my original intention was just to keep the lambs safe. So all up a double good outcome.

25 acres, 1400 Blue Gums, Wiltshire sheep, 5 steers, 2 cows, ducks, chickens, bees, dog, cats, retired, 1 husband and 3 grandkids.

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds