Windy Woes...

More
10 years 6 months ago #472801 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic Windy Woes...

kaumea;475581 wrote: just some impressions from Gisborne :) still windy but the sky's blue again :)

Kaumea, interesting trees. Leaves growing towards the sun are they?[}:)]

We lost two more Lombardi Poplars today. These ones came down over the drive, but someone had pushed them aside during the day. More cleaning up to do. Don't think there will be much firewood to be had in one of them as it was hollow.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #472802 by muri
Replied by muri on topic Windy Woes...

kaumea;475581 wrote: just some impressions from Gisborne :) still windy but the sky's blue again :)

Couldnt have been too windy down there, the trees are still standing!
Felt very safe coming home from Whenuapai in the thick of it today, most of the area where I was was taken out in the tornado last year!

More
10 years 6 months ago #472804 by Althea from Middelmost
Lost the roof on the piggery and most of the roof of the dairy shed. Large (and I mean LARGE) old and well established trees down. A stack of brand new iron (for the tractor shed) lost. They are now wrapped around trees and the cattle yards ... most were last seen flying across the road and into the scrub on the other side. (There was a heavy railway sleeper on them!!} No power until lunchtime - thankgoodness said the cows when it came back on. A three ton truck left here by previous people was picked up, tossed down a hill, through a fence and joined the iron in the cattle yards. Generally a bit breezy I think.

More
10 years 6 months ago #472830 by stephclark
Replied by stephclark on topic Windy Woes...
I completely understand you Framer Bro.. I am just about suicidal.. I cant bare to be outside and am stressing big time even inside.. all curtains closed and tv or radio on loudly so I cant see it or hear it...
send OH out to check on everyone..
I was saying just yesterday I don't recall an Oct being this gusty..

More
10 years 6 months ago #472849 by Hawkspur
Replied by Hawkspur on topic Windy Woes...
In the September storm, friends who have a house on the plains were quite impressed at how much a big pane of glass can bend in the wind. Their large windows were deflecting more than 100mm inward in the centre of the panes.
They retreated to another room.
They lost the doors (tracks and all ripped out from the wall) and then the whole back wall to their 4 bay shed, but got replacement parts from the neighbours, just not in very usable condition.[;)]

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds