Reasons NOT to dehorn

More
10 years 8 months ago #467389 by carlyjean
Replied by carlyjean on topic Reasons NOT to dehorn
Thanks Ronney;) loved the pics! I can see that could be a concern:):)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #467399 by BlueSkyBee
Replied by BlueSkyBee on topic Reasons NOT to dehorn
Haha too funny Ronney! :)

To dig in one’s own earth, with one’s own spade, does life hold anything better? –Beverly Nichols

More
10 years 8 months ago #467413 by igor
Replied by igor on topic Reasons NOT to dehorn
Just needs her racing number painted on the circle Ronney. How old is that cow? Her horns are very impressive.

More
10 years 7 months ago #467553 by Ronney
Replied by Ronney on topic Reasons NOT to dehorn

igor;469714 wrote: Just needs her racing number painted on the circle Ronney. How old is that cow? Her horns are very impressive.

You didn't read the text[;)] At the time the photo was taken she was 13, she is now 15. Her horns were much more impressive when she was younger but as she has aged they have dropped down over her face. I find this interesting and some time must do a search on it - when I get broadband:rolleyes: - or ask somebody knowledgable about these things.

The other interesting thing is that, with the exception of one cow, none of the Jersey/crosses have that length of horn. They are much shorter, more curved and even in the oldest cow, do not drop downward. The exception is the Jersey/Simmental and had she not broken one horn as a youngster so that is now grows funny, would have had a really impressive set of horns.

Cheers,
Ronnie

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds